Notices

Starting to get frustrated (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 03:24 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to get frustrated (long)

Ok, my car has been in the shop for 4 months now, getting pistons, rods, sleeving etc. GE, portflow, everything else came in about two months ago. But then it ended up that I needed a new crank and my block had to be align bored. I bought a new crank within a few days, but my block has been at the machine shop for almost two months now. I call the shop about every week, but the machine shop still can't give them a ballpark of when it will be done. They have even ground down the main caps already and just have the block to do, which is supposed to take about an hour, but they can't just do it. I even offered to pay more but they said it doesn't make a difference. I am also at school about 3-4 hours away from my shop so it's not exactly easy for me to go pick up my car. I was planning on getting it over fall break in a week when I fly home, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen either. I wish I had just found that my crank and block were messed up months ago so I could have just bought a new h23 shortblock to send out to GE.

I know everyone else waits too and machine shops are always backed up etc etc, but the fact that I can never get even get an approximate time estimate is beginning to frustrate me. I guess it's nobody's fault, but it's just becoming so discouraging.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Starting to get frustrated (SilverLudeSi)

ummm..go kick some **** and them