Notices

SOHC Turbo Vacuum Hell

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOHC Turbo Vacuum Hell

I turboed my single cam and still have a lot of work to do. First off, I'm running 7 lbs on a stock single cam and was originally going to have it street tuned with an fmu and vafc (dont need an $800 tune on stock 7 lbs) then I found someone to chip and tune it cheaper, but is booked for the next couple of weeks. So I need to sort out all my vacuum problems so I can hit boost till then. I know it doesnt look pretty, especially the BOV couplers (Im going to make it look pretty after I get it fully functional). Question of the day, I tried T'ing off my vaccuum line from BOV that was going to throttle body for boost gauge, (i was told it would work but didn't). Spending about an hour looking into it, some people say splice into your PCV valve for BOV and boost gauge. I figured the best way to get a straight ahead answer to my vacuum hell would be to post pics and ask "Does this look right?" if not, what is correct? The dude I did it with was little to no help with just saying "dude this will work fine."

and another

RFL
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOHC Turbo Vacuum Hell

Looks fine, but your vacuum line to your bov need to be after the throttle body. That is the only line need to be move.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so move the vacuum to the one i circled in yellow (went into IM, its coming off valve cover) and then T my boost in PCV and im good to go right?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, that line you circle in yellow is only your breather hose from your valve cover. Get another T fitting and t it off the vacuum source from your purge solenoid (that black thinky behind the manifold). Or T if off your PCV line that is right next to where you t it on your FPR line.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, I knew that was a breather too I'm retarded. I guess schools beatin my *** a little hard. So PS to BOV, and PCV to boost and everythings happy right?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Basically just T off any vacuum line after the throttle body and you should be golden.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen some very weird things when people tee'd into tiny 1/8" lines like that. It's asking for trouble. For $15 you can get an aluminum block w/several ports. Tee into the large brake booster line (the BB is closed under partial vacuum), run that to the block, then run that to the WG, BOV, FMU, etc.

BTW where did you run that zip-tied line below the MAP to? WG? If so it will work, but beware that the WG will stay open between shifts, meaning you will have more drop off before you get it back in gear.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^I believe he have that line to the bov.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile

BTW where did you run that zip-tied line below the MAP to? WG? If so it will work, but beware that the WG will stay open between shifts, meaning you will have more drop off before you get it back in gear.
Yeah that used to go to the BOV, but as of now I have BOV and boost gauge both T'd into my pcv valve. I currently have that line open until I can grab a plug. I just need to to work without my motor exploding since I am buying a golden eagle VM next week as well as replacing my narrowband with an uego. Once I get all that Im going to pull out my evap tank and start making things look pretty.