zex 53900 cam
pnp y8 intake manifold
ls tb

street ramhorn from http://www.s-fab.com
Garrett T3/T04e .63 AR 57 Trim
440 cc injectors
uberdata tuned street/dyno
open dp , wel apexi n1 w. a ecut

Im trying to run 20+ lbs and hit mid 300s what do you guys think my tuner siad it is very possible.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was afraid someone was going to say that what size u think?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: (jaydem_ekizzle)

720cc or so...
Old 07-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaydem_ekizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was afraid someone was going to say that what size u think?</TD></TR></TABLE>

At very minimum 550cc. 720's would be better.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 PM

whats done to your y8 to make u run 13s?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaydem_ekizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats done to your y8 to make u run 13s?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really it should be running 12's at the current 14psi of boost, but my 60's were crap when I went to the track. Going back next month.

You can find some pics and a list of my setup here.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1550424
Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM

your going to need a cometic fi headgasket to match. also you want to get 75.5mm pistons and have the block bored and hones by a shop that knows how to do honda blocks. most older ships and small shos don;t have the equipment to properly stay in honda's specs, so consider if you don;t have a top notch shop that deals with honda stuff near you, you might have to ship the block.

what standalone are you using? fuel pump? what about your stock driveline? the stock differntial will most likley NOT take that kind og power or beating. so your going to have to get a good lsd. stock axels are ok as long as you "pre-load" them when launching.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:11 PM

ive read alot of bad things about the cometic headgasket im sticking to oem , ive seen then take 500whp, 255 walboro, why should i get the 75.5? and as far as lsd not sure yet.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (moops vs moors)

i think the motor buildup sounds good, again look for bigger injectors. uberdata can handle it so its no biggie (my 780s start up and idle stock and thats not even that big compared to what people are running these days).

what clutch are you going to run?

oh, i might stick with oem bearings. i think honda has like 8 different sizes (colors) of them to fit perfect, and from what i heard through the grapevine the acl's are just the intermediate size between small and large oe sizes
Old 07-24-2006, 11:09 PM

stick with a metal oe gasket

an lsd would be a plus to your build in running better time

750cc injectors are good way to go
Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 AM

hell yeah thanks guys soundsgood ill start posting pics!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:10 AM

one thing you have also read is "proper" block and head decking by good engine builders keep from having issues. The only way you will have a problem with a cometic is if you didn't have the block and head proeprly decked, or you did something during install. if you properly install it, you will NEVER have an issue. Honestly, you can attribute 90% of all issues to human install error by one of the 4 things I mentioned alreayd.
1- block decking
2- head decking
3-firering not properly seated and aligned before installing head
4- improper torqueing of studs

make sure you have the top 4 things covered and you will NOT have issues.

oem gaskets do not last that long under heavy boosted motors. Most racers use them if running near stock sizes because of 2 things.
1-easy of access
2- cheaper than cometic.

just make sure you use arp head studs and proeprly toque them. We toruqed mine to +5 (+-2) over stock and that's it. (a stretch gauge ws used and that's the torque that came out.)
Old 07-25-2006, 05:25 AM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (oscarmayer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">one thing you have also read is "proper" block and head decking by good engine builders keep from having issues. The only way you will have a problem with a cometic is if you didn't have the block and head proeprly decked, or you did something during install. if you properly install it, you will NEVER have an issue. Honestly, you can attribute 90% of all issues to human install error by one of the 4 things I mentioned alreayd.
1- block decking
2- head decking
3-firering not properly seated and aligned before installing head
4- improper torqueing of studs

make sure you have the top 4 things covered and you will NOT have issues.

oem gaskets do not last that long under heavy boosted motors. Most racers use them if running near stock sizes because of 2 things.
1-easy of access
2- cheaper than cometic.

just make sure you use arp head studs and proeprly toque them. We toruqed mine to +5 (+-2) over stock and that's it. (a stretch gauge ws used and that's the torque that came out.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is all great advice, but your wrong by saying that oem HG's blow under heavy boost.

they blow under detonation, and so do cometics. wait...so does every headgasket.

OEM HG's are a top quality MLS gasket.. some of the wildest hondas run OEM. stop spreading misinformation (or opinion). if you have a strong opinion, thats great, but dont spread it as FACT FACT FACT. also, stock diff's are more than tough enough for the average driver, driven nicely.. people have ran 10's on stock honda diffs. my stock HG and diff love 20 ps daily, well, at least for the last 10,000 miles.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (redzcstandardhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redzcstandardhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is all great advice, but your wrong by saying that oem HG's blow under heavy boost.

they blow under detonation, and so do cometics. wait...so does every headgasket.

OEM HG's are a top quality MLS gasket.. some of the wildest hondas run OEM. stop spreading misinformation (or opinion). if you have a strong opinion, thats great, but dont spread it as FACT FACT FACT. also, stock diff's are more than tough enough for the average driver, driven nicely.. people have ran 10's on stock honda diffs. my stock HG and diff love 20 ps daily, well, at least for the last 10,000 miles. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. OEM Headgaskets are fine quality.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oem gaskets do not last that long under heavy boosted motors. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't know where you come up with this **** sometimes weiner..... I pushed 34psi on my last setup with an oem HG
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: (gitwidit)

how lond did you leave it that way? (remember you say last setup, so how long did it last?) not to mention we are discussing D series not H or B so stop compairing this to h and B stuff they are 2 completely different motors.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how lond did you leave it that way? (remember you say last setup, so how long did it last?) not to mention we are discussing D series not H or B so stop compairing this to h and B stuff they are 2 completely different motors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about? Who said anything about B or H Series? and even if we did the B and H Series headgaskets are no better than the D Series metal gaskets.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oscarmayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how lond did you leave it that way? (remember you say last setup, so how long did it last?) not to mention we are discussing D series not H or B so stop compairing this to h and B stuff they are 2 completely different motors.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Setup was together for 1000 miles before it broke a valve, it was a d16z6 series.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gitwidit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Setup was together for 1000 miles before it broke a valve, it was a d16z6 series. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you woulda had a cometic headgasket, it'd still be running today!! /sarcasm.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nerdsports)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nerdsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you woulda had a cometic headgasket, it'd still be running today!! /sarcasm.</TD></TR></TABLE>
nah...need a Drag manifold to go with it or the whole setup is junk
Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gitwidit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
nah...need a Drag manifold to go with it or the whole setup is junk </TD></TR></TABLE>

No it's because you didn't have Endyn build your motor.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:39 PM

regardless im getting a OEM headgasket, i know plenty of people with them including a modified drag eg hatch baught from INline. so oem it is and right now im not worrying about the diff, im asking about the motor nothing else, i want mid 300s with it period ill worry about traction and all that lter. Thanks for most of the replies ive gotten.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:44 PM

and by the way a spoon/m,ugen and any other hg in the world on any other motor in the world wether it be b hr k or f will blow due to high dentonation also
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (RyanEJ8)

nah...need a Drag manifold to go with it or the whole setup is junk </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahah

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanEJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No it's because you didn't have Endyn build your motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaha

you guys are mean.