Notices

Rev hard with big turbo Question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev hard with big turbo Question.

hello everyone, so i have a question for all of you guys,so finally im going turbo and im piecing all my parts together,anyways so first of all i got a brand new Rev hard cast iron turbo manifold because i wanna keep Ac and that guy that is gonna tune it told me it was a good manifold and reliable,dont know much and i want to know if is a good manifold??and second i got with the manifold a turbo a brand new t3t4 Type:DSN-Evo III 70a/r M24.....my question is can i use this turbo on my set up???? i have stock gsr and im not going more than 7 or 8lbs of boost, i know you guys always have the best answers,i just wanna do the right thing.Im still missing some parts in the kit but trying to buy good parts. Thank you!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rev hard with big turbo Question.

The RevHard is a really good cast manifold and pretty much any T3/T4 variant is a good match for it.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:35 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Slow down chief. Most rev hard manifolds use a 5 bolt downpipe flange in order to use A/C. The part number you have shown does not seem to be of any assistance. Pictures of both the manifold and turbocharger to get a better idea of what you're trying to use. please get pictures of both the turbo and manifold from multiple angles.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes your right it has 5 bolts for down pipe, is a t3t4 that bolts right in the manifold,my question is can I use a 70 mm turbo, because my plan was to use t3t4 60mm, or precision 6262, so 70 mm is not too big?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Or I will say 70 trim insted of 60trim or precision 6262, how much biger this turbo is?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 AM

Stick with the measurement in Millimeters, stop trying to use "trim" as a term, as it means something entirely different than what you're describing. Since anything like the 6262 or equivalent, (there are several companies) uses a T04S cover, (larger than your standard T3/T4) you will need to shave the webbing of the block a good amount before it can fit properly. Make sure that when you order, you get the 5 bolt Ford SVO style housing in order for it to fit. (which you'll hate, as that 5 bolt on the downpipe seems to love to back out unless tack welded or safety wired.)
Old 05-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

his description sounds like a classic ebay special
Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i dont know if is an ebay special or not, but that wasnt my question, im out of town for the weekend and i dont have the parts with me, i will take some pic as soon as i get home so you guys can tell me what to do, other thing is, on my setup do i need aftermarket fuel rail, and intake manifold(i was thinkin the edelbrock victor), and what size injectors should i use??
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 PM

There's not to tell.. You must tell us your power goals, purpose of the car, do you want to keep A/C and P/S, do you really want a 5 bolt turbine housing? Budget for your turbocharger etc. We can't read minds or blindly give you advice without knowing all the facts.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you totally right Shodan, ok so here it is.....is my daily drive car and my baby, i love integras, is very clean, i want 270 to 300 whp,i would love 300, but i wanna go stock internals for now but i want it to be reliable which im gonna spend the money for a GOOD tune for sure on S300,i wanna keep AC, i would spend the money on good turbo or other parts if im need to, and i dont get the thing about the 5 bolt turbine housing, why is such a bad idea??so what do you guys thing???
Old 05-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

'''think?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and this are the parts i have:

S300, tial wastegate 38mm, hks Bov, revhard turbo manifold, 255 walbro, clutch masters stage 3 and flywheel, hasport motor mounts, i have that turbo that came with the manifold.

and this are the thing i want and need:

turbocharger if i have to(dont know what to buy for this setup)help!!!
injectors(550 to 1000 rc or precision)
down pipe(3 inch)
dump tube
wideband(aem)
boost and oil temp gauges
pipping for integra 2 and half
fuel presure regulator
intercooler
dont know if i need fuel rail(aem)
dont know if i need aftermarker intake,some people say stock will work better,and other people say aftermarket so i dont know.
do i need boost controler??

so what do you guys think??? i think i was verry clear and you guys know what i want, REALLY hope you guys can help me out. THANKS
Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 PM

You can have a variety of turbochargers that utilize the 5 bolt turbine housing to work with that manifold if you wish; that's something you have to determine when it comes to whether or not you want to keep that exhaust manifold.

The question is (as I asked before) the budget you're willing to spend on a turbocharger. ($650+ is about the minimum what it takes to get something of quality.) You can go for 300whp now and 600whp later on one application that fits the manifold, or 300whp-400whp in the same package. (again, we can't read minds.. street/strip, street only, road course, etc... you have to tell us). There are a variety of compressor and exhaust wheel combinations that can fit into the housing package you need to use that Revhard.

-650cc or more injectors can be used depending upon ultimate power goal. (someone will give the ID1000 argument in a minute)

-no need for Aftermarket IM,
-yes, boost controller, (could be separate or part of your engine management)
-Fuel Pressure regulator isn't that necessary, (and B&M units don't count as Fuel pressure regulators
-Boost oil temp, oil pressure
Old 05-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well if I have to spend end 650 or more for good turbo is ok as long as is the best for me set up, and you ask what I wanna do with the car....well ike I said is my daily drive car so I want something realiable, fast street car that's what I want,something that when I need ot I can have those extra hp to use lol,something that I can take to the track once in a while. And other thing, you didn't tell me if what I listed was ok, are all the parts good for what I want? Is anything else I need that I didn't listed, and I'm asking this because I wanna have all my parts together then take it to the shop and have it done, but I wanteven little thing if I'm missing anything, like the pillar pod gauges that I forgot, thank you for answers, hopeo other people give opinions.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by DIESEL5
Well if I have to spend end 650 or more for good turbo is ok as long as is the best for me set up, and you ask what I wanna do with the car....well ike I said is my daily drive car so I want something realiable, fast street car that's what I want,something that when I need ot I can have those extra hp to use lol,something that I can take to the track once in a while. And other thing, you didn't tell me if what I listed was ok, are all the parts good for what I want? Is anything else I need that I didn't listed, and I'm asking this because I wanna have all my parts together then take it to the shop and have it done, but I wanteven little thing if I'm missing anything, like the pillar pod gauges that I forgot, thank you for answers, hopeo other people give opinions.
I just listed what you needed and what you didn't in the previous post. pillar pods and all that are personal preference, no right or wrong there.

As for the turbo, you gotta narrow this down. do you plan on going for higher power later? what kind of fuel? again, there's no best turbo here. you've still not listed a budget for the turbocharger, and you still haven't really listed what you plan to do with this car. What I can tell from the regurgitation of your life and driving, it seemed to be more of a street/drag strip combination, correct? How much power are you looking for based upon the fuel you use on a "daily" basis.

I'm not being cryptic here. You just have to understand that there are an infinite amount of choices based upon this "daily" setup that you're doing here. I'm not the guy that just says "X" turbo is perfect though you'll have people on here that will do just that, so be careful.

Have you looked at and research other cars that have similar turbochargers and use that you're trying to acheive to narrow your options down a bit?