Notices

Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves?

I'm temporarily swapping in my B16 block so I can bore out my B18C1.

I'm installing ARP head studs into the B16 and I've got a question. Where do the little metal sleeves go? The sleeves are the ones that go over the head studs and half go into the block and the other half into the head. I've only got 2, are there supposed to be 4? They can only go into the bottom 4 out of 5 holes on the head...

Please help Honda-Tech!!!

Milan
Old 11-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (GetawayInMoscow)

those are the dowl pins..... they can only go on two of the front or two of the back headstuds..... you cant mess it up.... look on the head and place them in the only two holes that they fit in same with the block
Old 11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (GetawayInMoscow)

if you're asking questions like this then you shouldnt be swapping your own cyl head.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you're asking questions like this then you shouldnt be swapping your own cyl head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the vote of confidence dick.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (Jared)

while the best way to learn is to do it yourself.... this is not something you should be doing if you dont know something as simple as this.

yeah, making a post to know the tq on the cam caps... maybe

Old 11-19-2006, 09:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (BoostedJeff)

Okay well everything is done. All I needed was a simple answer and I took care of everything else. No reason to insult people, it's not exactly productive.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:23 PM

when did anyone insult anyone?

get the sand out of your *****
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 AM

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (BoostedJeff)

constructive criticism is not an insult, the fact that they posted even advising you to not do it, means they care enough to post about it. Hope everything goes well good luck.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:57 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (JoePSI)

How is it constructive? How is someone supposed to learn if they can't ask questions, I just don't understand. Sure maybe it's obvious to you guys but I've never pulled my own head before. It was the first problem I ran in to and I needed a simple answer, not an opinion.

I didn't say to give your 2 cents on if you think I can do it or not, which obviously I can because I did, and I learned for next time too. Sorry I wasn't born a professional engine builder like everyone on Honda-Tech
Old 11-20-2006, 06:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How is it constructive? How is someone supposed to learn if they can't ask questions, I just don't understand. Sure maybe it's obvious to you guys but I've never pulled my own head before. It was the first problem I ran in to and I needed a simple answer, not an opinion.

I didn't say to give your 2 cents on if you think I can do it or not, which obviously I can because I did, and I learned for next time too. Sorry I wasn't born a professional engine builder like everyone on Honda-Tech </TD></TR></TABLE>

They are more or less concerned for your engine. You got your technical information along with h-t's opinion, unfortunately thats how h-t works.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:18 AM

man, its something about idaho..
Old 11-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get ya some
Old 11-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Quick Question: Installing ARP head studs....metal sleeves? (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get ya some </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol