Notices

Quick question. How do you get the copper wire out of an O-ringed block?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:02 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question. How do you get the copper wire out of an O-ringed block?

I have a friend who has a sleeved block and it has a copper o-ring, it is really crushed down and seems like it can't be pulled out. I have no experience with O-rings myself and he was unaware when he bought the block it was o-ringed. So what it the easiest way to getting it out to replace it and also without damaging part of the sleeve? Thanks.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Quick question. How do you get the copper wire out of an O-ringed block? (Boostfed)

we had the same problem on my block..i had my friend that owns a shop take mine out but he just used a little metal ***** thing and a hammer and hit it in at an angle at the small gap where the ends of the ring butt together, until it slid under the ring enough to pull it out....my ring had a break in it..im not sure if they make pre-made one piece o-rings or not? that would be a bitch though

another person mentioned that if you cant get it that way to take a really small drill bit and slowely drill into the ring AWAY from the sleeve. then you can get it better.

good luck
Old 02-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks it's actually my block. I tried the ***** thing and didn't work and didn't want to damage the block at all of coarse. I will try the drill thing . I actually thought of the same thing, but damn scared to take a drill to 2500 dollars of block. later thanks for the help and where can I buy new rings for this as well. I wish it didn't have them, but I have heard great things about this kind of block and the amount of boost it can hold. I am looking to get a full race kit this fall and boosting 28+ later
Old 02-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spooledex)

Did you make a very sharp pick? Try grinding a tungsten electrode for tig welding to a needle sharp point on a diamond wheel. That and a properly applied "tapping hammer" (as my Dad used to say)= a nice, small couple ounce ball pein ; should work.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: (BigMoose)

I had o-rings on a head i bought... i took it to a machine shop and had them machined off..

Good luck man, be careful with getting them off'
Old 02-07-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (kKdARIAN)

Yea, we just use dental pics and a small slot head screwdriver... Once you get the end of the wire up you should be able to pull it out with a pair of needle nose... Just take your time and be careful... Good Luck