Notices

AEBS sleeving question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEBS sleeving question

{If this is not the correct location for this thread i will happily move it.}

Back in june i brought my car to a reputable shop and had them send out my block for sleeving. They regularly use AEBS so i was fine with that. I was told that it could take up to 3 months to get the block back. Once again, i was okay with that. I gave them my phone number and told them to call me when it gets in.

6 months later and still no block. I go up to the shop about every two weeks to see if they have herd anything. I get told either its on its way or they cannot get a hold of anyone at AEBS.

I want to believe the shop because they are very reputable around here, but this is starting to get ridicules. Has anyone else had any problems with AEBS recently? or should i look into the shop having more responsibility for how long it has taken so far.

Thanks for any insite
Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AEBS sleeving question

I had my block sleeved by Z-10 they use AEBS sleeves. I drove to Z-10 with an unsleeved block and drove home 2 hours later with a sleeved block.
I think your getting the run around.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats what im thinking too
Old 12-30-2008, 03:01 PM
HT White Ops

Ya somethings up. AEBS sleeves are not very popular anymore so for them to say they are swamped is BS. Tell them you want Golden Eagle sleeves instead, they are better anyway.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i tried to get some head studs from aebs a while back for no luck
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
Ya somethings up. AEBS sleeves are not very popular anymore so for them to say they are swamped is BS. Tell them you want Golden Eagle sleeves instead, they are better anyway.
I would not go that far, Golden eagle are good but aebs are just as good, dunno as far as customer service, but I have seen aebs blocks taking around 6 months this time of year. We have never had any problems with the sleves themselves and thats like 50 blocks later probably.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I use alot of aebs sleeved blocks and i have seen times where it takes a long time to get the sleeves themselves from aebs. I am waiting on some s2000 stuff for a while right now. This is not always but i have experienced lengthy wait periods at times.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

aebs dont even have their own machine shop, they outsource the labor to a local machine shop thats close to me

next time need sleeves let me know

my price is $600 plus $50 for the orings for aebs sleeves

i only try to make $50-100 bucks not too much
Old 12-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Banned

how are they better any facts to back up your claim

and thanx for not callin me back
Old 12-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put aebs in back when they first came out and they where swamp i went their my self and all i seen where blocks everywhere and even then only took 2 weeks ,,,id say def a issue with yours
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 AM
HT White Ops

Originally Posted by zeekbuilt

how are they better any facts to back up your claim

and thanx for not callin me back

Ya just search AEBS and you can see the horror stories first hand. AEBS sleeves are LA sleeves. I did call you back, you didn't answer.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We do our block sleeving through Inline Pro recently and they use AEBS sleeves. Have not had a single issue yet, and turn around time is fast. Usually 2-4 weeks. Never used AEBS directly to sleeve a block before, but the sleeves work really well.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
Ya just search AEBS and you can see the horror stories first hand. AEBS sleeves are LA sleeves. I did call you back, you didn't answer.
yes they are from la sleeve but there not crap its pretty much the only sleeve ill run
Old 12-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

doesn't pauliss(spelling?) own AEBS now? they haven't been the same since Ben ma (spelling)was the owner. I say they went down..... out all sleeving companies, there sleeve's were my #1 pick, but do to skandualous shops in SAN DIEGO, I chose to deal with GE. ohhhh, to name a few so you don't get it twisted..... Enginuity aka JT motorsports, Pann auto, the speed shop, Joey's "CHOP" shop(whatever the name of it is) .... all skandulous!!!!

and to zeekbuilt....who are you?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
New User

Originally Posted by Turbo_TONY
{If this is not the correct location for this thread i will happily move it.}

Back in june i brought my car to a reputable shop and had them send out my block for sleeving. They regularly use AEBS so i was fine with that. I was told that it could take up to 3 months to get the block back. Once again, i was okay with that. I gave them my phone number and told them to call me when it gets in.

6 months later and still no block. I go up to the shop about every two weeks to see if they have herd anything. I get told either its on its way or they cannot get a hold of anyone at AEBS.

I want to believe the shop because they are very reputable around here, but this is starting to get ridicules. Has anyone else had any problems with AEBS recently? or should i look into the shop having more responsibility for how long it has taken so far.

Thanks for any insite
I am very sorry to hear you have problems getting your block back. The truth to the matter is, a few of our wholesale customer (shops) don't pay their bills or bounce their check. So no blocks will be sent to them until they are paid with good funds, sometimes the shop will claim they have sent the block to us, instead they buy our sleeves and have other machine shop do the install, to maximise their profit. It is very important to remember your block number and name of the shop, because we register every block we sleeve. So you can call us to verify if your block is sent to us.

Thanks
Ben
AEBS
858 693-3200
Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

customer service
Old 01-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AdamB18C1EK
customer service
only almost a month later. I feel for you and your build. ben is right about shops buying the sleeves from them to do there own installs. That's why I couldn't and wouldn't get my block sleeved with AEBS from our shops here. they buy the sleeves and have another machine shop do the work. shady, then when the company goes under, you think you can go to AEBS for warranty work and guess what.....they don't have your info. good luck with your build anyway. sorry for the inconvinience.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:53 AM
New User

Originally Posted by smoovy
only almost a month later. I feel for you and your build. ben is right about shops buying the sleeves from them to do there own installs. That's why I couldn't and wouldn't get my block sleeved with AEBS from our shops here. they buy the sleeves and have another machine shop do the work. shady, then when the company goes under, you think you can go to AEBS for warranty work and guess what.....they don't have your info. good luck with your build anyway. sorry for the inconvinience.
Don't know if you guy are aware we also sell direct to the public, our price for retail customer is pretty much the same as shops that sell or service. By no means I'm telling all customers sent block directly to us. But if you don't know the shop that well and decide to use our service through them, you need to write down your block number and call us to confirm your block is with us. If we don't have it you better call them. If you tell the shop upfront you are going to call us to confirm, this will prevent them from sending it somewhere else. These are some shops that regularly uses & install AEBS sleeves: Z10, Inline Pro, Northeast auto machine....., they do quality sleeve install.

It is true we outsource our install. Do you know it also cost quite a bit more outsourcing versus in house machining. We've been using the same machinist since the creation of our T-sleeve. In my opinion he is a perfectionist, extremely knowledgeable in all aspect of machining, excellent work ethics and take pride of what he is doing, also the return rate is almost none. We have no connection with Accurate Auto Machine and they do not do our sleeving work and I stopped selling sleeves to them. My machinist only rent shop space from them. AEBS's main focus is design and engineering, as we have proven numerous times on the racing circuit. We are the first to obtain a U.S. Patent on our T-sleeve design, thus causing the redesign of our friendly competition's sleeves. Since conception we have not change the design of our sleeve, why change it if's not flawed or infringing someones patent. Well enough said about that.

Darton use to manufacture our sleeves is obvious why they don't make it for us any longer and their new "MID" design (the old design looks just like ours), after that L.A. Sleeve (very good company) supplied us for a while. Couple year ago we finally invest in our own raw casting and finish machine the sleeve by a very reputable large scale machine shop in United States. L.A. To present, L.A.Sleeve still supply us some of our low volume sleeves.

AEBS is a small operation; most of our business is word of mouth. Let me take this opportunity to thank all your support. We will continue to offer good product and service. Lastly, I hope this will clear up the myth and rumors about us.

Thanks
Ben Ma
AEBS
858 693-3200
Old 01-31-2009, 11:02 AM
New User

Originally Posted by smoovy
Hey Smoovy
As you can tell, this is the 3rd post since my join date. I will check this forum more often!! Sorry
Old 01-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i will go by my shop today and get the info. I appreciate your concern.