Notices

question to afc hack guys that switched to emanage

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question to afc hack guys that switched to emanage

i've searched but didn't find an answer related to my question.

ok, i'm using the afc hack with a jacobs boost timing master in my current setup (SiR with b16, with stock internals boosting 7psi intercooled with a t28 turbo from a nissan, no a/r markings so don't know what size a/r or trim) it only put out 182whp on the dyno and i'm aiming for 200whp.
now my tuner said my turbo is small, either i change to a bigger turbo, say a t3, or get a better engine management system. now i'm thinking of getting an e-manage coz hondata is just out of my league coz i have to switch to obd1 and change ECU's on top of the cozt of hondata itself.

now my questions is..did any of you who used the afc hack before and then switched to the emanage have an increase in whp? how bout driveability? what other improvements did you had? would you recommend switching to the emanage from the afc hack?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Re: question to afc hack guys that switched to emanage (turb)

are there any afc hack guys who switched to emanage?

anybody?
Old 04-23-2004, 12:24 AM

Forget about emanage. Try Uberdata. Its free. Well in your case instead of spending $$ on emanage, spend it on OBD1 ecu with OBD2 connector built-in, find someone who has the kit to burn ROMS and some experience if you don't wanna attempt it yourself and your good to go - u got a cheap n cheerfull version of Hondata!!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:02 AM

Default Re: question to afc hack guys that switched to emanage (swlabhot)

wouldn't i be spending much more in dyno time coz i have to keep on reburning chips with the new settings right? so after burning a new chip i have to dyno it again and so on right?

and the problem is i live in the philippines and i don't think there is someone who is competent enough to fit an obd1 connector onto an obd2 ECU, although i know a guy who chips ECU's but he uses y-sockets so i have 2 ECU's in the car.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:23 AM

Whatever management you choose use you have to tune it be it on dyno or street. Either way if you want it done right, you gotta spend some time on tuning. Uberdata does not take much more time than all the other ECMs that are available on the market.

As for the OBDII > OBDI, you can buy an OBDI ecu ALREADY with the OBDII connector BUILT-IN. So it will just plug straight in, no messy wires to mess about with.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:59 AM

Default Re: question to afc hack guys that switched to emanage (swlabhot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swlabhot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
As for the OBDII &gt; OBDI, you can buy an OBDI ecu ALREADY with the OBDII connector BUILT-IN. So it will just plug straight in, no messy wires to mess about with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

problem is i don't think they have that here in my part of the world.

i will dyno tune the car as always but problem is i don't know if my tuner would be comfortable with uberdata. i'm not sure if he knows what uberdata is. he knows power fc, motec, e-manage, hondata. i know uberdata is similar to hondata but i don't know if he wants to try it. oh well, i guess if i can find an OBD2 ecu with obd1 connectors i'll give uberdata a shot, if not, i may stay with emanage.

do you think there will be a big improvement switching to emanage from the afc hack?