Notices

question about using multimeter to check wires on "dead end" connector for resistor box

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question about using multimeter to check wires on "dead end" connector for resistor box

Ive never used a multimeter, but I understand its purpose. My question is, when checking the "dead end" connector, what am I checking for? Continuity? Voltage? AC? DC? Current? Resistance?

I tried to check voltage and continuity, and got different results. Im assuming I would need to take one end of the multimeter probe, touch it on the power wire for the injector clip, and the other multimeter probe on the "dead end" connector wires. But when I did that, I got different results for voltage, and continuity.

by the way, Im in the garage doing this right now, quick would be appreciated.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: question about using multimeter to check wires on "dead end" connector for resistor box (clip th

nobody? should be a simple answer for anyone familiar with electrical connections. unfortunately I am not.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: question about using multimeter to check wires on "dead end" connector for resistor box (clip th

you have to remove the cap off the end of the dead connector. Then test the yellow/black wires on the injectors.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im past that point. what am I testing for is what I need to know.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

IIIGHT this is what u do homie....

Take off all your injector clips, there are two wires in each clip. Take off your dead end connector plug, there is a bunch of wires.

You want to messure for continuity from one wire on the injector clip to the wire in the head end connector.
Note. only one of the wires in the injector clip goes to the dead end connector, the other goes to the PCM
Now find out where the 4 wires that go to your dead end connector go from your injector clips. Either unpin them from the connector or cut those wires. Those 4 wires go to the 4 wires from the resistor box - does not matter what ones go where
Now you have 1 wire left from your resistor box, that goes to the dead end connector, either solder a pin together and put it where u removed a pin or splice in in with one of the wires still connected to the connector, then reinstall the plug and your all hooked up

Sorry if I didnt answer your question, I didnt read your first post just your last one, im in a rush ill be back tonight if you have any questions Physcokyle - AIM
Old 05-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I figured it out, all I needed to know was what I was measuring for (continuity, voltage, etc). Its all wired up clean as fawk and ready to rock.