Question about the RevHard Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Rocks

Default Question about the RevHard Kit

The revhard kit looks pretty good for 2500 bucks is it a better kit than drag or greddy? Who makes their turbo? What BOV do they use in their kit and what WG? How much HP could the IC handle? I was thinking of putting together my own kit but it looks like this is a bit easier for me. No cutting or getting stuff fabricated I kknow custom is a better route but I think this would suit me fine if I actually get a kit in the future. Thanks again. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about the RevHard Kit (Rocks)

whatever site your going to buy your "rev hard" kit from will tell u exactly what turbo your getting and what wastegate your getting. ususally if you buy from someone like importpartsben you can upgrade whatever u want while your ordering your kit. you can upgrade turbos, wg, fuel management, etc. As everyone on this site will tell u upgrade your wg to tial and upgrade fmu to uberdata, hondata, or somthing better. the manifold should be fine unless u got the cash to spend on an equal legnth but its really not neccesary. the greddy kits come with a smaller turbo meangin it spools faster but u sacrifice top end i think they top out below 300whp i could be wrong though. the other kits you can generally get high 300's from. and there are sites out there if u decide to piece together that sell piping pre-bent for your specific application.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question about the RevHard Kit (Rocks)

With the revhard kit, you will have to do some "cutting and getting stuff fabricated".
At a minimum, you will need to grind or cut some of the webbing off your block for the compressor housing to fit.
The intercooler piping is deliberately longer than needed, so you'll have to cut some bits off here or there. On my 99SI, the portion of pipe between the intercooler and charge pipe fits like pure ***, so I had to piece together my own piping.
Also, to get the kit to fit with A/C, you'll need to ditch the fan and get a slim fan to mount in front of the condensor.
Finally, the downpipe is not finished. At a minimum, you'll need to get a flange welded on to connect to your exhaust/cat and you'll need to get the 02 bung welded in. I also added a flexpipe section to mine.
I think the oil return setup is poop, too. I'm going to replace mine with a Flamenco-T setup.
None of this is a big deal, but you should know about it if you don't want to be cutting stuff or improvising during the install.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Rocks

Default Re: Question about the RevHard Kit (rhettster)

Both of you guys were a big help . Thanks