Notices

Turbo Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Kit Question

If you buy a Greddy kit or some other brand what will be required for install that that doesnt come with the kit. I know Intercoolers are a key factor thats why I want a kit that comes with one. Basically my question is if I throw down $2700+ on a kit will it be able to be bolted on w/o going to the hardware store every 20 min? I am also accepting suggestions on what kit or if someone wants to make a list of everything needed for a custom kit that would be cool too!!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Turbo Kit Question (RedTegLS)

a kit is a kit, should come with everything you need. now if you wanna added extra goodies. thats on you, such as bov, intercooler. things like this.

platinum.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Turbo Kit Question (RedTegLS)

i have the Greddy kit on my LS and i had no real problems installing it, it came with everything to do the install.
if you want to make a custom kit you will need:
-manifold(love fab, inline pro, drag, etc... )
-turbo (size depends on what power you are looking to get, i have an 18g however i might get a ported 16g or a PTE 50 trim)
-wastegate (if the turbo is internally wastegated then skip this)
-Blow off valve (HKS, Greddy type S, Tial 50mm)
-larger injectors (i have 310cc, upgrading to 450 or 550)
-something to controll the injectors (safc 1 or 2 )
-gauges (boost and pyrometer (EGT) oil pressure is good too)
-intercooler (size depends on power goals, bigger is not always better)
-charge pipes (try to get mandrel bent)
-down pipe (2.5" or 3" i have a 2" on my integra however upgrading to 3")
-exhaust (2.5" or 3" i have 3" on my integra on 8psi)

That should be about it if i forgot anything let me know
Old 10-14-2003, 12:36 PM

99integralsturbo, I'm also looking to get the Greddy kit, but as you know it doesn't come with a BOV. How difficult was it to install that yourself? And how tough was it to install the kit? How long did it take? Were the instructions helpful? Did you need any uncommon tools?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-14-2003, 12:47 PM

I found this kit on there and it looks too good to be true. What do you all think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

and there is this one too http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1
Old 10-14-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Re: (brianSilverTeg)

as you know (hopefully) the BOV flange needs to be welded onto the charge pipe inbetween the throttle body and the turbo usually on the last pipe in the line. the kit was farily straight forward to install and the instructions were a little below par in my opinion, this was the worst for re-wiring the injector harnesses (make sure to have the wiring checked out by someone who knows. the kit doesnt come with an intercooler but they offer it for more money and it comes with the charge pipes too. the kit took me 1.5 weeks to install however i didnt work on it every night, if i had all day to do it i could have done it in around 3 days.
also i had a problem with the oil pressure line that greddy gave me, it leaked after 3 weeks of driving o if i were you i would replace it with something else, that is what i did and it was only around $30 for the new line and the 1/8"BSPT to dash 4 adapter. greddy uses the BSPT threads instead of the normal pipe threads because that is what the factory oil pressure sensor uses so they used that for EVERY fitting so that is something to remember if you replace the line.

Also spend the money and get the oil return flange welded to the pan rather than bolting it on using the greddy method because mine leaks and many of the people i know that use the same setup have very small leaks there.

Hope this helps