Notices

Question about ramhorn turbo manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about ramhorn turbo manifolds

I have searched all over the internet and could not find the information I am looking for. Due to chassis restrictions, etc.. I have exactly 9 inches from the engine head to the radiator.

I would like to know the measurement of a ramhorn manifold to know if I can fit this style manifold on my car. There are differences, especially with the placement of the wastegate ports, but Im mainly looking at the manifold length only. If anyone would be so helpful to make a quick measurement with a tape measure of the total distance from the cylinder head to the farthest point outward on the manifold itself with the exception of the added distance from the wastegate I'd be very thankful to you.

The smallest looking ones are the manifolds made by OBX racing, PeakBoost FTW, and SLS. Something like the Full-Race looks as though it would be impossible. Please give me the info as soon as you are available. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would not recommend OBX. I bought my last manifold from SLS. I would highly recommend them...check the sig
Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know about their bad reputation. At this point though Im just looking for measurements and any ramhorn that may fit. Also, if someone has the OBX and measured it, it would give me a good idea about other brands because we all know OBX just copies other people's designs and makes them with lower quality.

Anyhow once I get that info on a couple I can pick and choose. If you still have the manifold on your car if you can measure it I will greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AE92boost)

Any help on the measurements yet?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: (AE92boost)

My Full-Race ram horn is 5 1/4 from the lip that the valve cover sits on. Not incl the waste gate port.

Its 7 1/2 from the exhaust port on the head to the waste gate flange.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spoolin hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoolin hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My Full-Race ram horn...Its 7 1/2 from the exhaust port on the head to the waste gate flange.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks alot, thats exactly what I was looking for. If this board had such thing as reputation marks I'd give them.