Notices

Question about dumptube on External WG

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about dumptube on External WG

Just got my tial on yesterday, but as some of you may know, they don't come with a dumptube. First off, it should be loud and obnoxious as hell ( as it is now) without the dumptube on....right?

I plan on getting a dumptube, but not routing it into my downpipe. Will this decrease the noise??? Its driving me nuts.....
Old 08-31-2004, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (G3NR8)

it will prob get louder when you put the dump tube on. I know mine got hella louder when I put the dump tube on.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (underpressure02)

what the crap are you guys talking about?, especially the first reply.. anyway.. you should get a dumptube ASAP, don't drive without one and if you do, stay out of boost... if you search the archives.. quite a few people have melted various hoses and such while driving with no dumptube.... so being that you better get a dumptube asap, your question should be "open dumptube or closed?".. and that.. you can search the archives for tons of info.. personally i have open dumptube and i love the sound of wot

people often say that open dumptube frees up a few ponies.. but a well placed dumptube on the downpipe will still yield good results..
Old 08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (JDEM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the crap are you guys talking about?, especially the first reply.. anyway.. you should get a dumptube ASAP, don't drive without one and if you do, stay out of boost... if you search the archives.. quite a few people have melted various hoses and such while driving with no dumptube.... so being that you better get a dumptube asap, your question should be "open dumptube or closed?".. and that.. you can search the archives for tons of info.. personally i have open dumptube and i love the sound of wot </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell are you talking about? What was wrong with my reply? First off you can run no dump tube but it depends on where your wastegate is facing. If it is facing near a something it can melt then yes put a tube on. If not then it will just make a mess inside your engine bay.

As far as being loud. Mine was a lot louder after I put the dump tube on b/c now instead of just opening up and venting it is now traveling through a little tube. Kind of like when you put pencil exhaust on a 2 stroke.

Next time think before you try and talk **** on someone’s reply. I did not feel like typing all of this b/c I am tired as ****. But b/c you decide to try and talk like you know it all I will actually respond. You did nothing to answer his question except say search.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (underpressure02)

Damn guys chill....
Thanks for your replies
Gonna get one made soon. I'm not really worried about it being loud, but it kinda sounds like ****. My exhaust sounds so nice too so thats why it bugs me. Hopefully it'll make it better
Old 08-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (G3NR8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What the hell are you talking about? What was wrong with my reply? First off you can run no dump tube but it depends on where your wastegate is facing. If it is facing near a something it can melt then yes put a tube on. If not then it will just make a mess inside your engine bay.

As far as being loud. Mine was a lot louder after I put the dump tube on b/c now instead of just opening up and venting it is now traveling through a little tube. Kind of like when you put pencil exhaust on a 2 stroke.

Next time think before you try and talk **** on someone’s reply. I did not feel like typing all of this b/c I am tired as ****. But b/c you decide to try and talk like you know it all I will actually respond. You did nothing to answer his question except say search.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

edited.. im not going to type all that crap.. if you think i didnt help him.. you just need to read my post again moron
Old 08-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (JDEM1)

You can run with no dump tube and not melt stuff if you set it up correctly. You will have a sooty black engine bay.

My friend has run his turbosmart external gate with no dumptube for about 20,000 miles. You can't really hear it over his exhaust. I have recently built 3 turbo kits, all with tial 38mm dumptubes pointed at the ground that were about 1.5" x 16". All were loud as hell. That's my best comparison, hope it helps.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about dumptube on External WG (Bailhatch)

by a flang from tial and have someone weld a dumptube for you or your engine bay and car will be covered in black exhaust.