Notices

problems with idle and fuel after install

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with idle and fuel after install

i have a b20z turboed with a revhard kit. the install has went nothing close to smooth and i finally got the car runnin w/o dying out on me after changing the injectors back to stocks. i ran 310's with the inline pump and B&M FPR and the car seems to die out after u blip the throttle. so someone told me to go back to the stock fuel injectors so i switched them. now the car's personality is evil. car isnt idling correctly(roughly 500-700 rpms) feels like its going to stall if i let go of the throttle and my a/f meter runs lean for a breif second from 3-4 rpms once i start getting into boost then back to rich. i have only gotten into full boost once and the car feels very sluggish. i tried to also do the timing and i dunno if the timing light is busted or what but i cant even get the timing corrected the notches are all away from the mark and its all teh way retarded/advanced either way. i cant even correct the fuel pressure because the gauge doesnt work until i pull the fuse for the inline pump and i dunt even kno if thats correct. i need some help i am tired, its been 4 days of bs problems and i need to get this thing straightened out. any tips or help will make my day so please help a guy out.

my setup is
revhard kit w/ a precision sc61 turbo
inline pump 195lhp
stock injectors
B&M FPR
vortech 12:1 FMU
7 psi on the turbosmart wg
b20z block
2.5" open DP

any help will be greatly appreciated

Modified by bruceHungLO at 12:52 AM 7/4/2004
Old 07-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems with idle and fuel after install (bruceHungLO)

absolutely no one knows? or cares to answer?
Old 07-04-2004, 09:20 AM

Man I feel for you I'm having a real hard time too. I would start out with the timing. Get that right and then go from there....double check your firing order....make sure that's all right before you go onto to something else. and make one correction at a time. So you know what effects the car in what way. Good luck. Sorry man.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you jumping the service connector when doing your timing? We forgot to do that at first and noticed that the computer would take over every time we turned the distributor and try to compensate. So make sure you're jumping it...
Old 07-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems with idle and fuel after install (dennis)

it should run like stock check your work. never boost when your cars not running right.

whats the fuel pressure at?
pump installed correctly.
fmu install in correct order
did it run perfect before the install.
and is the o2 sensor hooked up, that would cause it to idle shitty
Old 07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problems with idle and fuel after install (m3bluegsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m3bluegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it should run like stock check your work. never boost when your cars not running right.

whats the fuel pressure at?
pump installed correctly.
fmu install in correct order
did it run perfect before the install.
and is the o2 sensor hooked up, that would cause it to idle shitty</TD></TR></TABLE>

pump is going to be pulled out for a inline
FMU was installed correctly double checked that
car ran like a dream b4 the turbo 195 across
o2 is hooked up but now i am getting a code for iac
fuel pressure i cannot fix because the inline is right before the filter so it cant get a correct measure.

i am about to install the 310's with the in tank pump and run a stock regulator or install 440's w/ a afc. so any advice will be appreciated
Old 07-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the iac could be the problem. try cleaning it out with brake clean. (but if it ran okay it shouldnt be a problem unless you accidently disconnected it. )
Also if you cant get an accurate measure of fuel pressure thats a huge problem, especially with an adjustable regulator. Put the stock one back on and see if that makes a difference.
also you mean take out the inline for an upgraded intank. if your runnning the inline you still need the stock intank.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m3bluegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the iac could be the problem. try cleaning it out with brake clean. (but if it ran okay it shouldnt be a problem unless you accidently disconnected it. )
Also if you cant get an accurate measure of fuel pressure thats a huge problem, especially with an adjustable regulator. Put the stock one back on and see if that makes a difference.
also you mean take out the inline for an upgraded intank. if your runnning the inline you still need the stock intank. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i have the stock intank now and inline installed. i was going to take out the inline pump and install the in tank walboro 255. the car also somehow caught almost on fire burning the lines to my boost gauge and the lines to my fan switch and alot of other things on the fusebox in the car. :-T its just been a bad bad week.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow maybe your problem lies someplace else then. take that inline out. the whole problem could have been a fuel leak, hard to tell until you find the problem.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m3bluegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow maybe your problem lies someplace else then. take that inline out. the whole problem could have been a fuel leak, hard to tell until you find the problem.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i am pulling out the inline and installing a in tank and i got a afc for a really good deal so i am getting rid of all that FMU and missing link stuff. we'll see if the car rus better.