Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune

Can somebody point me in the right direction to get the FJO interfaced with the hondata s200 so that I can use the auto tune feature. I have looked through the hondata help menus and also went through the FJO book and neither of them say anything about being used together. thank you!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (intercooledJRSC)

Would this help?

http://www.boosted-hybrid.com/....html
Old 09-27-2003, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (50trim EK)

yes that helps does anyone have any more concrete info about the plugs???? and when this is hoked up like this will the hondata just automatically see the voltage?
thankyou
Old 09-27-2003, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (intercooledJRSC)

The Hondata should log the voltage in both Rom editor, and Hondalogger. If it doesnt you are not getting continuity back to the ecu from the o2 sensor. If your car is working properly you should have no problem. You need to check the voltage value as idle from the fjo box against the hondata display. Sometimes the voltages are off, and you have to add a diode.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (boosted hybrid)

ok if the voltages are wrong what kind of diode do I get. If I remember from curcuits 1 class a diode is a diode and all it does is let voltage flow one direction and not the other. am I correct in saying that?
Old 09-27-2003, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the radio shack part number listed on that article. You are correct on the diode part.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (boosted hybrid)

very good thank you sir!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very good thank you sir!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I (as well as Boosted Hybrid) believe the autotune is a waste. Tuning on your own is much easier. To each their own though. Good luck.

Old 09-27-2003, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (ladysman)

really and why is that???? is there something wrong with the auto tune feature? Id like to know if it is better to tune after just a FJO datalog. for instance do a 3rd gear pull and see where it is then do some adjustments from there and then do it again till the A/F is just where I want it and go???? wouldn't the auto tune do the same thing in a round about way? thanks
Old 09-27-2003, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The best, most accurate of tuning on the street is driving the car through all the gears. Varying the loads in each gear. Log for about 10 minutes. Pull over, make changes from there. Repeat again till you are close to your target lambda values. The auto tune makes adjustments based upon the target lambda and the current lambda values. I find that it creates a "saw tooth" pattern on the 2-D maps, and a choppy 3-D map. I can manually tune the partial throttle maps quicker, and get closer to the target lambda value using the autotune feature.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The best, most accurate of tuning on the street is driving the car through all the gears. Varying the loads in each gear. Log for about 10 minutes. Pull over, make changes from there. Repeat again till you are close to your target lambda values. The auto tune makes adjustments based upon the target lambda and the current lambda values. I find that it creates a "saw tooth" pattern on the 2-D maps, and a choppy 3-D map. I can manually tune the partial throttle maps quicker, and get closer to the target lambda value using the autotune feature.</TD></TR></TABLE>

intercooled,
It works, but just like Boosted said, it creates a major sawtooth. This was one of the first complaints I had to Boosted when I asked for help. I was learning how to tune myself and Boosted said don't even use it. It was easier just driving around for about 15 minutes, hit as many points on the map as I could and make changes from there.

You want to make sure your lines in your 2d don't overlap. Mine were and it was causing the car to surge sometimes. Now that they are straight, it drives like a dream. It just sucks I have to retune everything when the new setup goes in. Oh well, the whole reason I bought the software in the first place along with my wideband.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Problems connecting hondata and FJO to use auto tune (ladysman)

THis is true I am learning with the JRSC installed since it doesnt make alot of power there is a little more room for error, but when I put the turbo on I want to be some what fluent on the tuning side. thank you guys so much for all the advice!!! If I lived closer to boosted hybrid Id just bring my car to him throw 2 or 3 bills at him and get a car back that ran perfect but I cant do that so I must learn myself thanks All!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intercooledJRSC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THis is true I am learning with the JRSC installed since it doesnt make alot of power there is a little more room for error, but when I put the turbo on I want to be some what fluent on the tuning side. thank you guys so much for all the advice!!! If I lived closer to boosted hybrid Id just bring my car to him throw 2 or 3 bills at him and get a car back that ran perfect but I cant do that so I must learn myself thanks All!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I said the same thing about living closer to him. I am glad I learned how to do it myself!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html