Notices

Just bought a Prelude JR SC - Need Advice for fuel & timing controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Prelude JR SC - Need Advice for fuel & timing controls

Hello people, I've been reading you since a long time. First post...

I just bought a complete Jackson Racing SC Prelude kit. I presently debating if I should install the JR EMS or go with Hondata.

Without pretention, I would say that I have a very good idea on how the JR EMS works... and same thing regarding a Hondata ECU. I know that Hondata also shares pretuned maps that help us minimised fine tuning work.

But what I don't have is experience with this kit. I've heard some cons about it... like engine hesitation when going from boost-to-vacuum-to-boost quickly (or something similar)... reason why JR is now selling a new MAP controller (voltage limiter?!) which I did not buy.

Whatever my final fuel/timing management choice, I already have installed a J&S safeguard and I will keep it. Even if I don't use it as the official boost-timing retard device, I want it to monitor detonation in case of bad luck (bad fuel, etc) and to promptly add MORE retard if needed (since I would go with a P28 if I choose Hondata).

What I would appreciate from you is facts regarding the JR fuel & Timing controller to help me make my final choice. Note that the JR kit raises the WOT fuel pressure to 90 psi (twice the stock WOT pressure), in order to deliver the 40% more fuel need with stock injectors. Is it true that fuel temperature will be a lot higher than stock with this pressure rating?

Ok enough said... I can't wait to read your comments...
Old 09-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go with the Hondata and some rc 550's don't bother with the JR EMS.
Old 09-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just bought a Prelude JR SC - Need Advice for fuel & timing controls (SRVMAN)

Call Jim @ Motorvations Motorsports. He's the MAC-DADDY When it come to JRSC's. I've talked to him several times. His info is awsome. Real nice guy. But I know he will tell you to go with Hondata. 205-661-3600
Old 09-27-2003, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Just bought a Prelude JR SC - Need Advice for fuel & timing controls (HYREV2NR)

OK. Thank you.