Notices

NX N-Tercooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX N-Tercooler

Does anyone Know where I can get this at for a good price? How good does it help?
Old 03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can get some other stuff from DEI.

there is a HUGE debate right now whether these things actually work from cold *** air or is it just the NOS passing thru the front end and making its way to the filter!!!!

NX says its only to be used as a cooling device in the staging lanes or while NOT moving, as to vent the heat.

when they tested it with CO2 they actually lost power because some of the Co2 made it thru the radiator, into the turbo and since Co2 displaces O2 they lost power..........

something to think about
Old 03-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

I don't think there's really a debate, because all the power you see is from injesting nitrous. You don't see a 30-40-50 WHP gain on the dyno from 15* lower inlet temps.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:50 PM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really wouldnt be injesting nitrous, just COLD oxygen. thats a good thing...........if the engine can take it.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are going to spend the money to refill a Nitrous bottle, just plumb it into the intake track and add some fuel with it...
Old 03-21-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: NX N-Tercooler (b20blkcivic)

I'm going to be finding out very shortly. I've got the NX Ntercooler on my turbo Maxima, not something I would have bought normally but I got it for free. I already had a NX single fogger kit on the car, or I would have converted the NTercooler into a standard nitrous kit. I figure since I have it, I might as well see if it works. My turbo and filter are mounted high, right behind the driver's side headlight, so I don't think too much nitrous will get up there on the dyno. I'm really not expecting much, if I see 10-15whp, I'd be surprised.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20blkcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone Know where I can get this at for a good price? How good does it help?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: NX N-Tercooler (AP-Signworks1)

Did I just read that there is a "big debate" in regards to the N-Tercooler cooling the air VS "getting some in the intake piping"

That is retarded - absolutely stupid

If you are getting nitrous in your intake piping using an intercooler sprayer - your intercooler has a leak. . . and I really can't see your filter sucking up that much of the Nitrous unless your filter is mounted directly behind your intercooler. . . or you're one of those guys who uses a "screen" on your turbo because you "like the way it sounds". And if you're one of the guys running the screens on your turbo. . . instead of trying to eeeeek out a few extra ponies by cooling your charge air - ditch the f'n screen and get a filter. Screens block off valuable space in the turbo inlet - and solid metal is not permiable.

There is no debate there.

People just expect too much from things. I made my own. $7 is what is costed me to do so. . . for $7 who F'N cares?! I fill it with CO2. . . and I plan on using it to try and keep the charge temps down when I'm in the mood to hotlap the **** out of my car

Either way: Lower Charge Air Temps =

&lt;-- Equips flame suit, because he knows a lot of guys running screens on their turbo's are going to snap back. . . it's not as effecient as other methods, period - I don't care who's brother's third cousin twice removed made X more power with a screen than a proper pipe/filter setup. . . - he's a moron just like you
Old 03-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: NX N-Tercooler (DragSource)

I don't really see a big debate, just people trying to figure out if the thing works. They make some pretty hefty claims about it. On a Honda, I could see some nitrous getting into the intake tract, the turbo and filter are mounted right behind the radiator often times. The effect is probably negligible, but who knows.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragSource &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did I just read that there is a "big debate" in regards to the N-Tercooler cooling the air VS "getting some in the intake piping"

That is retarded - absolutely stupid

If you are getting nitrous in your intake piping using an intercooler sprayer - your intercooler has a leak. . . and I really can't see your filter sucking up that much of the Nitrous unless your filter is mounted directly behind your intercooler.

My filter is mounted directly below my IC and hangs low. So it could suck up the Nitrous. There was dyno stuides done on this nitrous vs CO2 and the CO2 actually made the car loose power. The reason for this is when your filter sucks up the CO2 it displaces the O2 causing loss of power

There is no debate there.

People just expect too much from things. I made my own. $7 is what is costed me to do so. . . for $7 who F'N cares?! I fill it with CO2. . . and I plan on using it to try and keep the charge temps down when I'm in the mood to hotlap the **** out of my car

Either way: Lower Charge Air Temps =
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-21-2005, 02:56 PM

Use the product as intended. Sitting still, not while driving.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragSource &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Either way: Lower Charge Air Temps = </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want lower charge temps, run alcohol injection The N-tercooler kits are just there to look cool, and that's why most people buy them.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: NX N-Tercooler (turboEGhatch)

well theres a similar product that squirts water, or washer fluid to the cooler, heck evos have em from the factory stock, no joke, i wonder how many of you guys didnt know that!
-Toby
Old 03-21-2005, 07:36 PM
mike93eh

since i have a duckbill wing on my hatch and cant use the rear sprayer, i just hooked it up to squirt on my fmic
Old 03-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It works depedning on the setup.. My friends WRX with stock top mount intecooler. If he sits at a light and then gives it a go. It's noticeably alot slwoer then if he sits at the light spraying water over the IC via water squirters. But of coruse it'll help in that kinda situation.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NX N-Tercooler (b20blkcivic)

the kit actually does give a noticeable increase...depneding apun the weather...if you use in in 30 degree weather you wont feel **** really but in 60-100 degree it made a increase noticeable enough to blaze the tires on the dyno i picked up 67 hp...if you decide to get it let me know how it goes