Notices

how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin?

a lot of people, including myself, have avoided nitrous in their cars coz they see is as the cheap way out, or as cheating. i can see how you can think that, but then isn't supercharging and turbocharging cheating also? and adding all these mods to our cars that were never meant to run below 15 in the 1/4 mile? they're all doing the same thing, make the car go faster. i'm perplexed to say the least. i've been avoiding n2o all this time but i'm beginning to wonder why? what's your personal take on the matter? is using nitrous cheatin?
Old 04-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (el_Presidente)

its cheating only if you say you dont spray, and spray it!
I think we should just concentrate on maxxing out one power adder, that why all the domestics complain, they may have 500 cubes, but we have 112 and turbo and NOS and alcohol and and and .....
Old 04-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not cheating, its just another way to gain horsepower. Just like adding I/H/E it gives you more power. N2O just gives you more power than an I/H/E, there really isnt an argument here, a power adder is a power adder.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:12 AM
New User

nothing is cheating. if a guy agrees to race you, he agrees to race you. if he's too stupid to know what you have, thats his problem.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is using nitrous cheatin?
Stolen quote that my friend says: Run what ya brung!
Old 04-25-2002, 10:14 AM

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (jinxproof99)

Its not cheating, he will blow his motor probably sooner then any of us that are force-fed :D... let him spray away his motor.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's NOT cheating. period.

If you have power, how is that cheating?
It's just another form of "air in, air out" power production.

I personaly, am planning a 30 shot for my turbo setup this summer. It is very benificial for boosted cars as it injects close to 0 deg F. It will be phased, meaning, it will come in at 2000, and cut out at 4000, at the same time the boost is a full 15psi.

just look at all the drag cars that use it, along with boost. boost is only usefull up to a point.

Nitrous + boost =
Old 04-25-2002, 10:42 AM

no such thing as cheating in street racing
Old 04-25-2002, 10:50 AM

well, here's WHY it's cheatin....

ur creating power by altering the composition of the fuel/air mixture entering the engine..in a sense, making the air it breathes have a lot more potential for a more powerful burn..that's why it's cheatin...it's like taking some kind of muscle ehancer to win a boxing match...i don't know if that made any sense, but i tried..

[Modified by TheSwift1, 7:51 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (TheSwift1)

you only have 4 posts, not sure if you can deal with negativity so soon, so thanks great post, thanks for trying
Old 04-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (CivicRacerGSR)

Ha! Word! The only time I see it as cheating is when youre saying that its not on the bottle and it really is. Thats pretty damn weak IMO.

Stolen quote that my friend says: Run what ya brung!

[Modified by TheFLY, 1:57 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 11:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (TheFLY)

I cheat, I cheat with my big touring wing. All that downforce makes a difference.

Ahhh... I dunno. It all depends on the way your racing. Can't really cheat on the street.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (94hondahybrid)

Is taking steriods in the Olympics cheating? Or is it simply, you lost, I take roids, nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo??

If taking steriods is cheating, how much different is it from using Nitrous in our car?
Old 04-25-2002, 12:06 PM
New User

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (Snafu-Si)

horsepower is horsepower it doesnt matter how you get it.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (01geeser)

I guess it could also be... everybody here cheats, and we are just tyring to justify it. We just dont' want to admit it right?
Old 04-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (01geeser)

i dont think its cheating .
i agree with the run what you brung .
personally i dont give a **** what the man next to me got . whether he's juicing , boosting or all motor . whatever, its racing , if you are that worried about it , then you are not a die hard racer. . . . a die hard racer dont give a **** what anyone got , , bring it on . thats how i feel at least
and yes i do have a bottle .i love killing cars with a hell o alot more money in them . . . . funny thing is i dont really even have to use it to show alot of cars up on the street.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:25 PM

What i meant in my previous post is this:

I'm not saying that Nos is cheating...but there is something about it that makes the majority of us feel that, in some way it is....that was the purpose of this whole thread wasn't it? Now, what is it about NOS that makes us feel this way? maybe i did a shitty job of explaining it before, but i guess i'll take a hit at it again...

NOS, or N20, is a much more powerful combustion additive than plain old air becuase of it's chemical composition...for every molecule of Nitrogen, there's two molecules of oxygen...what this translates to is a much more efficient and powerful burn in the engine (which of course is also regulated by the Nitrogen molecules, the absence of which would mean a big BANG instead of a big PUSH)...

so what does this all mean? basically it means that you are creating more power by altering the ingestion of what the engine needs to make power....the same exact thing as if you ran the car on nitromethane instead of gasoline...ur pushing a chemical into the engine with a higher potential energy than what would normally be available....

why is this different from superchargers and turbos? because they both make power by using the available surrounding air to make power...get the difference?

NOS ALTERS WHAT THE ENGINE BREATHES....TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS ALTER HOW THE ENGINE BREATHE....

hope this helps at least some...
Old 04-25-2002, 12:28 PM

Remember the key phrase to my above post..

NOS ALTERS WHAT THE ENGINE BREATHES....TURBOS AND SUPERCHARGERS ALTER HOW THE ENGINE BREATHE....
when u stick on a K&N air filter, u are simply altering HOW the engine breathes, not what the engine breathes....when u do modifications to ur engine, ur altering HOW it breathes, not WHAT it breathes....
Old 04-25-2002, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember the key phrase to my above post..

when u stick on a K&N air filter, u are simply altering HOW the engine breathes, not what the engine breathes....when u do modifications to ur engine, ur altering HOW it breathes, not WHAT it breathes....
not nesseicarily. You can also argue that, "nitrous"(not NOS, BTW it's NO2) changes "how the engine breathes" as it is utilizing a bottle to get extra oxygen.

i DO agree with you ONLY in the fact that nitrous can give you the same power as a turbo, but is CHEEPER, and not as hard to install. THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT CHEETING.

That then makes the question you asked TOTALY irrelivent.

Remember that this goes for all other forms of power adding.

I/H/E- just a form of adding power
Turbo- just a form of adding power
SC- just a form of adding power
nitrous - JUST A FORM OF ADDING POWER

It's NO different, in ANY way.

choose your poison. And if you can have both, all power to you.

[Modified by Bryson, 1:49 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Actually, NO2 is kinda/ sorta/ not exactly the same thing as Air.

The only componet the engine really uses is the O2 in the Air AND IN NITROUS.

It's the SAME as a turbo, or SC. Your just giving it, more Oxygen. PERIOD.

[Modified by Bryson, 1:52 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 01:13 PM

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (Bryson)

But what i'm saying, is that NOS is the only power adder (not including nitromethane) that adds power by altering "what" the engine breathes, and not how it breathes it....u say that, "It's the SAME as a turbo, or SC. Your just giving it, more Oxygen. PERIOD", but it's not the same....neither a turbo, nor a SC add power by adding altering the compostion of the air coming in...only NOS does that....

would we consider it cheating if we altered the fuel the car was running to? i mean, what if u ran a car that had some type of top secret fuel additive that gave his car an instant 50-100HP...would u call that cheating? becuase , believe it or not, it's the same concept as adding NOS....ur altering WHAT the engine runs on...

and BTW, without the notrogen present in NO2 (and i'm glad u caught my type.. )
the engine would explode...pure oxygen burns far too rapidly to be of any use in an engine...

Old 04-25-2002, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (rtype11)

I like to say it's cheating... but then again, it's a form of FI and I don't tell unsuspecting victims that I'm packing boost until they hear the first shift... so maybe I'm cheating too !
Old 04-25-2002, 01:22 PM

Also, for anybody who may read my posts, again, I am not saying that NOS is cheating...NOS is a great SUPPLEMENT , but i don't like it when u have guys who's speed of their car depends soley on it...if u have a 12 sec. Vette and u use NOS to push it into the 11's on the weekends, i have no problem with it whatsoever...but if u have a 16 sec. Civic , and ur only mod is a can of NOS to push u into the 14-15's, that gets no respect from me....

Old 04-25-2002, 01:51 PM

i hate the people around me saying i will run you all motor. it is all motor, this all motor, this and that. o yeah i have a non-vtec 1.5 i will run you all motor.

you pop the hood it is a forced gsr or a 75 shot on a 2.2l

why cant people just tell the truth and duke it out the real way. what is the harm winning fare and square. i try not to draw attention to my car but i stand proud by it and if someone wants look at it, sure go ahead. if you want to race me find me some day at a light. for a fair race! if i loose that just means i have much further to go with my car.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:02 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin? (CovertFI)

im not afraid of any honda on nitrous, so it doesnt matter/nor bother me.. If u want use nitrous to make your car faster, I say go for it.. I dont think its cheating, i just feel bad for the nitrous guys cause they have to really on a bottle to be fast.. sux for them!

Quick Reply: how many of you consider shooting nitrous cheatin?