not sure what is going on with my turbo teg

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:15 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure what is going on with my turbo teg

i was having issues with my car cutting off randomly before i decided to park it in the garage for about 8 months. a couple of things i found was my idler bolt missing on my blox throttle body and my ecu back up fuse was blown (kind of odd). i replaced the idler bolt and re-calibrated my tps tp 0.5v and replaced the blown fuse. since my car was sitting for a period of time i went ahead and added roughly 4 gallons of gas with some octane booster. my car will fire up and rev kind of high (2k rpm), but i can fix it once i get everything working, but once i give it gas it dies. here are things ive tried and checked.

my ignition setup so you know what i have:
b16 distributor (its gutted, no icm and no coil)
send it racing ICM bypass
summit racing ignition
crane fireball external coil
msd cap and rotor
ngk sparks (cant remember the box number off hand but they have about 500-1000 miles on them)
ngk wires modified to fit into the msd cap (msd provides the needed items to convert spark wires to work)
1000cc precision injectors
stock fpr
golden eagle fuel rail
walbro 255 fuel pump

things i have checked/ back probed to see if its getting power:
i installed an aem fuel pressure gauge (on the fuel rail) and im getting pressure at 49-50 psi and it stays roughly around there while idling
send it racing unit, summit box and external coil all are getting power from the back probe check
went into hondata and reset the tps at closed throttle and WOT throttle
battery is fully charged and is put a trickle charger when im not tooling with the car
all fuses are good
IACV cleaned with brake cleaner and air out with an air compressor before reinstalling

with all of that being said...im truly stump as to what is going on with my car. what trips me out even more so than this, is that my brothers fully built b16 turbo he has in his crx that sat in his garage for about 3 years with no driving. fires up with newly added gas with octane booster and we drove it to a friends house later that day. so of course im like wth?!?!?

oh yeah, do i have a brand new fuel filter laying around in my garage, should i just swap that out?

my setup: (dont think i need to list the full setup here)
gsr turbo
cp pistons
manley rods