Notices

nitrous ? where do i tap in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous ? where do i tap in?

I peiced together a nitrous kit but i'm having a hard time figuring out where i should tap into the manifold. My setup is a b16a with sk2 68mm tb and mani, stock motor, aem fpr, dc header, stage 3 6 puck clutch and full 2.5 exhaust. Its a wet kit, i'm still deciding on the shot either 50/75. I need to know where to put the fuel and nitrous lines on the manifold? like is it better to put the lines closer to the tb or in the middle of the manifold?
thanks

hopefully i posted this in the right forum
Old 02-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Single shot, 3 or 6 inches before tb...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (k_civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k_civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Single shot, 3 or 6 inches before tb...</TD></TR></TABLE>

before the throttel body? i thought it was suppose to be after the tb? u might be right but i want a second opinion to be 100% sure. I was under the impression that only dry shots go before the tb:s but i'm a noob to this spray stuff.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (si90rex)

6 inches before the butterfly.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sideways)

ok good to know... one other question how far apart does the nitrous solinoed and fuel solinoed need to be?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:36 AM

where do you get your fuel from? does it tap in on the line from filter to rail? i think i have seen some ppl use an aeromotive fpr and tap in there?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (patrick4588)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patrick4588 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where do you get your fuel from? does it tap in on the line from filter to rail? i think i have seen some ppl use an aeromotive fpr and tap in there?</TD></TR></TABLE>

idk really i got the kits from a buddy with a small block chevy. he had both so i figured it would be both as well, just took off the carb adapter plate.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.....i really need some input?
Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can put the noids anywhere as long as you have lines to reach. For best results closer is better. You want get your fuel from the filter or the rail.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonvtecallmotor)

ok would it be better to buy one of those 2-1 T's or leave them seprate.... and just to be clear it mounts 6 inches in front of the tb, correct?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2-1 t? the solenoids dont get connected to each other if thats what your thinking. if it came off a carb setup and you ditched the plate, did you get a nozzle yet?

1 line from fuel solenoid to the nozzle
1 line from n2o solenoid to the nozzle
1 line from fuel solenoid to fuel rail/filter
1 line from n2o bottle to n2o solenoid

make sense? the rest is wiring of the solenoids, master arm, WOT switch or button for activation. if all of this is difficult to figure out, you might want to get some professional help with the install and tuning of this or you are gonna be short a motor as of spray #1.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jeffy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jeffy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2-1 t? the solenoids dont get connected to each other if thats what your thinking. if it came off a carb setup and you ditched the plate, did you get a nozzle yet?

1 line from fuel solenoid to the nozzle
1 line from n2o solenoid to the nozzle
1 line from fuel solenoid to fuel rail/filter
1 line from n2o bottle to n2o solenoid

make sense? the rest is wiring of the solenoids, master arm, WOT switch or button for activation. if all of this is difficult to figure out, you might want to get some professional help with the install and tuning of this or you are gonna be short a motor as of spray #1. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll take a couple pics of what all i have later tonight, i have

15lb bottle
line from bottle to no2 solenoid
no2 solenoid
fuel solenoid

I don't know what nozzles u are talkinga about:s

the no2 system will activate off a window safety swtich and wot switch.

i have already bought colder plugs and retard the timing 2 degrees.

I still need some lines for the fuel, i don't have an aftermarket fuel rail can i just T into the fuel filter?

I don't need a professional to hook it up. i just haven't found a good clear write up thats all.

now that i know the 2-1 t was a bad idea. where do the solenoids need to be as in relation to each other. like an inch apart? across from each other?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is my system....nothin specail.

o and i forgot i have a bottle warmer too.

Please help me fill in the final blanks.......o i was think about making a throttle body spacer and mounting the no2 and fuel line in it....
Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The nozzle jeffy is talking about is the Y shaped 2 to 1 nozzle that you tap into the intake about 3-6 inches from the TB. A nitrous and fuel line goes ito that nozzle so when you squeeze, both fuel and nitrous goins into that nozzle and it sprays into the direction of the TB butterflys...
Old 02-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrid90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The nozzle jeffy is talking about is the Y shaped 2 to 1 nozzle that you tap into the intake about 3-6 inches from the TB. A nitrous and fuel line goes ito that nozzle so when you squeeze, both fuel and nitrous goins into that nozzle and it sprays into the direction of the TB butterflys...</TD></TR></TABLE>

oooooooo my bad when i was talkin about the T's i ment the Y (now i understand)
Ok so the jets go in the end of the Y and then the line goes on and holds the jet down.

i feel really stupid now lol thanks a tons everyone!!!!!!! just wondering is there a write up on installing nitrous? if not ill be glad to take pics then i install mine and then just in cast i leave something out u'll can striaghten me out...

thanks so much
Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, yeah you sound like you got it pretty much. take the double connect lines off of both solenoids, get like two sections of 1 foot line to go from that same spot on the solenoids to your nozzle/Y, and yes thats where the jets go and how thy get held down. yes you can tap into the fuel system at the filter.

search the ARCHIVES for the official nitrous thread, look for part 1, read that whole thing and then read part 2 that is on the first page in here usually. that should explain anything else you need to know. Good luck man
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si90rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

oooooooo my bad when i was talkin about the T's i ment the Y (now i understand)
Ok so the jets go in the end of the Y and then the line goes on and holds the jet down.

i feel really stupid now lol thanks a tons everyone!!!!!!! just wondering is there a write up on installing nitrous? if not ill be glad to take pics then i install mine and then just in cast i leave something out u'll can striaghten me out...

thanks so much</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha yeah the Y nozzle not T.. but anyhow.. once you have all the pieces collected and have a fairly good sense of how nitrous works, you should be able to install it. As, Jeffy suggested, go check out the nitrous thread, tons of great info on there to squeeze safely without blowing your **** up cuz I nitrous can be very very addicting.. trust me, I know! Good luck and enjoy!