Notices

Need help with vacuum, oil, and fuel line sizes and locations

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with vacuum, oil, and fuel line sizes and locations

I'm running a 14b DSM turbo (internal WG) on my SOHC Civic and I'm about to purchase vacuum, oil, and fuel lines for the install. I'm going to put a 12:1 RR FMU on there and I also have a DSM 1g BOV. I need to know what size lines I also need to know where is a good location to tap some of those from? Here's what I have so far:

Oil Lines:
Supply needs to be tapped from the back of the block, but I'm not sure where or what size connectors and hose I'll need for the block or turbo. I know the turbo has 3 ports for coolant or oil. I'm also not sure where to connect those.
The return is obvious. It needs to go from the bottom of the center section to the oil pan about 1" from the top of the pan so I don't get back pressure on my return lines. What connectors and fittings will I need to tap the pan and what size hose should I use? Also, is it imperative for me to get a return flange like this or can I make something in place of it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

Vacuum Lines:
The BOV will either be tapped from just after the brake booster check valve or from the main intake mani line. I'm not sure what size T I will need for this or what size line to use with the 1g BOV. Any ideas?
The FMU can be tapped off of the FPR since its right there. That's no big deal. I think that vacuum line is 1/4", which should match up with the FMU.
The WG line is trickiest since its in the front. I'm not sure where to tap this from or what size hose to use.

Fuel Lines:
I have no idea on these. Someone throw me a bone.

Also, what material do I need to be using for these?

I really appreciate everyone's help. Please be kind. This is my first FI project and I'm trying my best to get this **** done. Thanks guys.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Need help with vacuum, oil, and fuel line sizes and locations (Mistamike17)

ttt, cuz i need to know this too.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with vacuum, oil, and fuel line sizes and locations (SpecialGoodness)

Glad I'm not alone in this. I found out that apparently the FPR has the best source of vacuum in the bay and I'll probably tap all of the vacuum lines from there. Now, what about the rest?
Old 04-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need help with vacuum, oil, and fuel line sizes and locations (Mistamike17)

Bump
Old 04-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Again.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One last time. Someone knows this.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm curious myself... Where's the cheapest place to get this stuff?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: (bubs)

I have a complete oil line kit that uses a custom block fitting, all stainless lines, and includes the drain flange.

I produce this kit based on cost, ease of use, and functionality.

http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/oil.shtml

We also carry a stainless fuel line that is compatable with aftermarket rails only. I wouldn't say fuel lines are absolutely neccessary with your setup, but it's just an option

http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/fuel.htm

Vacuum lines will shouldn't be very complicated. I would take your blow off valve to the auto parts store and buy 4-5 feet of the vacuum line that best fits the blow off valve. You may need some small adaptors and a length of the hose that best fits your brake booster, but these lines are pretty inexpensive. If you wanted to go with a vacuum manifold, here's where you can find one.

http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/GVM100-B

Good luck.