Notices

need help, any experience welcome!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help, any experience welcome!!!!

okay, guys...I have a B16a with an LS tranny that I want to turbo...My power goals are 250 whp on 93 octane which isn't too ridiculous..Eventually, when i get the cash saved, i'll rebuild the block with stronger internals, but for now i want to take advantage of honda's block design...

so, can someone suggest a complete kit that i can install myself if i work hard for 3 days straight, long hours? I don't expect to be babied by telling me exactly what to buy and where to get it, but I do want some personal experience from people and some suggestions...i don't want to spend over 3000 dollars for a kit that can give me 500 million bagillion horsepower and a ridiculous race setup that i can't drive...

plus, i have no self control, so i don't want a turbo size that makes like 200 extra horses than what i want out of the goal of 250hp...i'll blow that junk up if i tune the boost higher than what is needed...just maybe a setup that will just barely make that horsepower level without being a restriction or inefficient...i've heard t3/t4 from many people...

also, what are the minimum recommended injector sizes and fuel pump? i don't want to skimp, but i don't have a lot of money...i want to do it right the first time without breaking the bank...also, would hondata s300 do the trick for fuel management? i plan on getting one before i go turbo, so i can tune a mild 180 whp setup before i do the turbo setup...gas is starting to stabilize in cost now in Alabama, and 93 octane is plenty to do a ridiculously fast build here...

just let the advice roll...much appreciated...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: need help, any experience welcome!!!! (gotrice16)

a 57 trim t3/t04e... .63a/r turbine housing is a good start. has enough airflow to easily meet your goals and has enough left if you ever want to turn up the boost

just check the vendor section, peakboost, full-race, and a bunch of others all make affordable, quality kits
Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 PM

Default Re: need help, any experience welcome!!!! (wantboost)

how about the AFI street series kit? i should use 440cc injectors, right? i'll probably get a walbro pump too, but hondata s300 is plenty, right? anyway, i don't want to pay anyone for labor that a monkey could do, but i do want to get it tuned to safely run boost to my power level...i'll probably dump the boost to 2 psi and drive it safely to a dyno or tow it if necessary...
Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotrice16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about the AFI street series kit? i should use 440cc injectors, right? i'll probably get a walbro pump too, but hondata s300 is plenty, right? anyway, i don't want to pay anyone for labor that a monkey could do, but i do want to get it tuned to safely run boost to my power level...i'll probably dump the boost to 2 psi and drive it safely to a dyno or tow it if necessary... </TD></TR></TABLE>
afi does good stuff, they used to weld for phoenix turbo.

440's and a walbro is fine.
as for the boost, you can only go as low as the wastegate spring.. to get to the dyno you can just pull the wastegate spring out, or like you said, have it towed
Old 07-02-2008, 08:29 AM

Default Re: need help, any experience welcome!!!! (wantboost)

okay...with back seats and passenger seat out, what would this setup run in a 92 CX hatch with a B16? on the quarter...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 AM

nobody is going to be able to tell you that...all depends on the driver and how much seat time hes had