Notices

Ls turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls turbo questions

I'm a noob at turbo builds... i've built a few NA motors, but don't know anything about boosting.. so i've got a few questions.

How much boost can a LS swap with low compression pistons, eagle rods, arp head bolts, a block guard, stock sleeves hold? how much power can it hold and still be safe?

will the OEM/stock gasket be fine or should I get a "thicker" headgasket?

how high will I be able to rev it with the eagle rods?

thanks!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ls turbo questions

search before posting please!! The thing that is gonna stop you from making power would be the pump gas. With that said, your setup should hold 400 whp easily and safely. The block guard really doesnt help much with the stock sleeves but to each his own. ALWAYS go with an oem honda headgasket. As far as the eagles, which ones do you have? The older sets have smaller arp bolts but should still be good for 9k. If the engine is a straight ls, then you will not be revving that high anyway unless headwork and cams is also on your list. Even still, you most likely will not be making power high enough in the rpm range to do damage to those rods. Hope this helps! Get yourself some quality parts and do it right with a reputable tuner and go for it!!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ls turbo questions

Originally Posted by boostedeg302
search before posting please!! The thing that is gonna stop you from making power would be the pump gas. With that said, your setup should hold 400 whp easily and safely. The block guard really doesnt help much with the stock sleeves but to each his own. ALWAYS go with an oem honda headgasket. As far as the eagles, which ones do you have? The older sets have smaller arp bolts but should still be good for 9k. If the engine is a straight ls, then you will not be revving that high anyway unless headwork and cams is also on your list. Even still, you most likely will not be making power high enough in the rpm range to do damage to those rods. Hope this helps! Get yourself some quality parts and do it right with a reputable tuner and go for it!!
haha search isnt working for some reason lol. and i'd run e85, since theres a gas station that sells it literally a mile from me and its only $2.29 haha. well I plan on first doing a straight LS and later on LS/VTEC. thanks for the help man.