Notices

Liquid to air, ic, diagram needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid to air, ic, diagram needed

I need some help and advice as to how to run a liquid to air setup. Its a street car not driven a whole lot. I have the spearco ic sherwood aqua tiger pump, 1 gallon fuel cell and all fittings, and hoses. I done some research and read about the idea of running an oil cooler as a heat desapater. Do you run a resevior and a cooler? If so can some one help me with a link to a diagram or help explain how everything flows.. Thanks in advance. The setup I have didnt come with an oil cooler but I would like to try to incorporate one in.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:27 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Liquid to air, ic, diagram needed (Jdm_Fast_Orange)

Look at my pic and it's easy to figure out.

pump - intercooler - reservoir - exchanger - repeat

Is how my system is setup. The pump is on the passenger side frame rail, and it feeds straight to the intercooler, drains to the reservoir, leads through the exchanger, gravity feeds the pump, and back forced to the intercooler. Might have that backwards though. Can't remember the flow direction.

[edit] Wait a minute, I've got this wrong. Pump feeds the intercooler, from there goes to the exchanger, then the reservoir, then back to the pump. I knew we had more thought into it than that. We wanted ice water to NOT be warmed by the exchanger, but go DIRECTLY to the intercooler after the pump for highest flow. That's how we got this path, then fit lines/parts. [/edit]