Latest Nissan dyno graph

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Nissan dyno graph

It's no turbo civic hatchback, but it's my daily driver:

Here is my latest dyno graph:

S14 SR, stock block, head, IM, turbo, mafs, pump gas, 600cc injectors, power fc, the usual bolts ons. Profec b would hit 18 psi, then fall to 15 psi and hold til redline. I'm thinking the actuator just cant hold open at that boost level. Would one of those actuators from HKS do the trick? Big thanks to Jeff Evans of Evans-tuning. Damn I love small turbos with killer powerbands.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (highmilehatch)

Very fun car! I havent had a ride in it with this new tune but it was awesome last time on just low boost!

New turbo next time?

Old 01-22-2005, 07:51 PM

Hey Highmile... I have a S13 w/ a blacktop. Are you still using a T28 turbo that came with the S14? If you are, you are approaching the limits of it. You should definatley look into a GT2871R. With your mods, you can have just shy of 400 hp rwhp. Plus, great spool time.

Your actuator isn't the problem, it is your boost controller. Ditch the Profec and get the E-boost from Turbosmart. I had the same problem as you, and the E-boost fixed it right away. I even had the HKS actuator when I had the Profec in the car.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (powerls)

Nice #'s man. I wish the project I had wanted to start with a 98 S14 with the s14 sr20 had all worked out.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (99SiRacer)

What AFM are you using I recently got a s14 K's as well. There bloody hard to get power out of compared to hondas it seems.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (99SiRacer)

How are you tuning the power fc? Does Evans tuning have the support tool from Apexi (doubtful)..... without it, it limits the tuning capability of the power fc considerably from my understanding.

To Evans Tuning: I am not very familiar with the power fc; what is tunable without the support tool software?

Sounds like a real fun car btw
Old 01-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (turbozxi)

He is using the stock AFM to my knowledge that comes with the s14 engine.

We are using datalogit to tune the Power FC. I am becoming a power excel shop in Feb/March time, so i'll have the Apexi's software to tune with. I wouldnt both touching the Power FC without the datalogit software, the commander is nice for monitoring and making small changes.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (boosted hybrid)

Hey Boosted Hybrid I am considering but a PFC is it a decent tuning tool or would another standalone computer like microtech be a better option if looking for 350 -400whp. BTW you guys must really be on the limit of the stock AFM mine will fuel cut at anything over 13psi just have intake 3 1/4 inch exhaust and smaller intercooler. Seems strange.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (powerls)

powerls: I'm still using the stock S14 turbo. I'm aware of the potential I have with a larger turbo, but I need to address the stock brakes and suspension first. This is an awesome engine.

turbozxi: I'm still using the stock MAFS. If it's tuned correctly, you can get power out of them. They are after all factory turbocharged.

Hondaddict: I bought the datalogit software. Evans-tuning will soon be a full-blown Power excel tuner. The datalogit is the next best thing. Being able to edit the fuel and timing maps via windows software is key obviously. Yes, the car is a blast to drive
Old 01-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (turbozxi)

For nissans, i personally love the power FC system. I wouldnt use anything else to be honest. You can get the D-Jetro version that is Map sensor based if you are seeking to ditch the MAF sensor L-Jetro based box. The datalogit software is approximately 350.00 with the communicator box, but unlocks all the tuning parameters of the power FC box. The datalogit software has lambda/map trace, real time programming through usb or serial (depends on which datalogit box you order, knock count, etc . If you are looking to purchase the power fc box, def. switch over to the D-Jetro/Map based box for obvious reasons.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highmilehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbozxi: I'm still using the stock MAFS. If it's tuned correctly, you can get power out of them. They are after all factory turbocharged.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah for a strong 2l fatory turbo charged car they are fairly hard to get power out of IMO, I mean to get over 25owhp you basically have to get bigger injectors, FPR, Power FC or something else and a say a z32 AFM. I just expected with an intake exhaust and intercooler you would be able to puch good numbers on the factory engine magement. You get my IM?
Old 01-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Latest Nissan dyno graph (boosted hybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted hybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For nissans, i personally love the power FC system. I wouldnt use anything else to be honest. You can get the D-Jetro version that is Map sensor based if you are seeking to ditch the MAF sensor L-Jetro based box. The datalogit software is approximately 350.00 with the communicator box, but unlocks all the tuning parameters of the power FC box. The datalogit software has lambda/map trace, real time programming through usb or serial (depends on which datalogit box you order, knock count, etc . If you are looking to purchase the power fc box, def. switch over to the D-Jetro/Map based box for obvious reasons. </TD></TR></TABLE>Thanks you can datalog for 10 sec without the software correct?