Notices

k-series fuel management

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k-series fuel management

Can someone help me out with possible options and details of limitations to overcome with the stock set-up?
I realize I can (probably, since it's a k24 in an Accord) get the ECU flashed by hondata or someone else, but this is pretty spendy for a one-time deal. Also, since it is a return-less fuel system, will I have to or should I add a return-line with regulator so that the fuel pressure doesn't drop under boost (or does this not happen?)?

Cybernation Motorsports has their "black magic" piggy-back unit that I suppose scales or limits the MAP voltage and does SOMETHING?! to the load-sensing of the ECU (I have no idea what the hell this is). So, if anyone has any details, that would be awesome, because I am working on a turbo kit for the k24 and don't have much info on the k-series computers!
Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Re: k-series fuel management (ion_four)

Research the HKS F-con V-Pro..let me know if you might be interested...if you are...we can go from there. I feel one of the best stand alone units out there!
Old 12-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hondata is coming out with a system for the rsx with boost option it should be out in feb 04
Old 12-24-2003, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k-series fuel management (Miracle_X_Bar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Miracle_X_Bar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Research the HKS F-con V-Pro..let me know if you might be interested...if you are...we can go from there. I feel one of the best stand alone units out there! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I assume you are implying that you sell these? I would wager they are much more expensive than the SDS Additional Injector controllers, which go for under $300 and are programmable. What little I can find says they are not user programmable, like buying a lower-end hondata, which must be tuned by a dealer.

I'm also not interested in Hondata because $1000 is pretty spendy, IMO. I just can't get that taste out of my mouth when older systems (obd1) can be programmed for the price of a burner ($100) and a wideband ($300), both of which I have. It just seems that the knowledge of obd2(.5) is very limited or kept under wraps at this point.

If it came down to it, I would either buy the SDS additional injector controller (or the like), or just make my own using a BASICstamp or PIC, then people could pay me, instead of the other way around
Old 12-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k-series fuel management (ion_four)

the k series computer is by far the most complex computer in a honda it has 6 diffrent timing tables 6 diffrent fuel table 6 diffrent vtec tables ect.ect. hondata would eliminate all that with one computer program desinged for your application i saw the whole setup this year at sema it was impressive but i myself am more partial to the aem ems
Old 12-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k-series fuel management (fuccarlos)

If hondata eliminates that, and is supposed to make it better, why would honda go through the trouble of puttin 6 different tables and maps on there?
Old 12-25-2003, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: k-series fuel management (m R g S r)

because they have to meet regulations to get the car approved by the e.p.a and c.a.r.b. they could care less what you do with the car
Old 12-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: k-series fuel management (fuccarlos)

I would think it would be best to just add a return line... I have to do a K20 and K24 swap for my friend's EH2's coming up and that's exactly what I'm going to do... Though they're not on FI setups it still just seems easier to me then the RSX regulated pump... There may be ways to modify the forward pressure but as I doubt you'll be using the stock pump there's no reason to try... As for the EMS I don't really know, originally I was going to just use MoTeC's M4 system on these swaps but the VTC complicates it a bit more unless I just lock the cam sprocket at zero... I've been looking over the Hondata's new ECU and though it's $1K it still seems like it'll be the easiest... I personally don't like AEM but they're kind of expensive too anyways... Good Luck with whatever route you take, Peace