Notices

jotech experience in an organized matter with all info

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jotech experience in an organized matter with all info

I didnt get a chance to give all of my info. in a organized way. Here it is organized. please read with an open mind and dont just start flaming
jotech tuned 298@15psi
I just got tuned at Jotech and I made a very pathetic 298 hp at 15 pounds of boost with the following mods. Please tell me if i was expecting to much and should be satisfied.
The motor was a new motor and head just built and installed.
engine mods:
b18ci Jg Pro series block w/9:1 Je pistons,cunningham rods
b18ci Jg Pro series head w/ Jg 296/300 cams
Jg edelbrock manifold
Turbo set up:
Jg lightspeed tubular manifold
XS to4x turbo
40mm racegate
xs skyline core
greddy type r wastegate
Management:
Accel DFI
msd 6al
msd external coil
Fuel:
96lbs per hour injectors
str rail
1000hp paxton pump
aeromotive regulator
stock fuel lines
I think that about covers the motor mods
The car has made 501hp @ 21lbs when it had stock intake manifold and 750cc injectors. I was not given a baseline dyno for the car.
The injectors that i had in the car had one stuck and it took all day for jotech to figure out that that was the reason why that car was not running well. They took all day to figure this out so by the time we got to tuning the car they were just wanting numbers to get the car off of the dyno. they only made 3 pulls once the injectors were fixed could that be a quaility tune.
Kenny was also having trouble getting his dyno to work correctly. The a/f gauge on the dyno was messing up so they used a little hand held peice. On the last two pulls the dyno started messing up so we couldnt even get any higher numbers at higher boost. they also spent the day telling me how shitty my car was. Overall my experience with Jotech was very bad. JG did not build the motor for me. They built the motor for the guy that previosly owned the car. The did sponsoring on the car.

This is my jotech tune at 15 psi and 9 psi with 118octane_______

This is the JG tune when the car was running stock intake and 750cc injectors @ 24 psi
http://www.jgenginedynamics.co...p.jpg

Old 04-15-2003, 07:13 PM

Default Re: jotech experience in an organized matter with all info (dragsol)

jotech tuned it for the target a/f ratio, its not their job to diagnose your fucked up motor, they just TUNE it and they did that nicely by the looks of your a/f graph
Old 04-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lock the post I just thought it would help to give the info in a more organized way. it is obviasly going to end up like the last one. thanks
Old 04-15-2003, 07:18 PM

Default Re: jotech experience in an organized matter with all info (UberTeg)

Just give it a rest, your last thread got locked, this one is bound to get locked too. If you have an issue with them take it up with them in person deal with your problem in a private forum (like their shop).....talk to them and figure something out......by posting that here it's not going to solve any problems, probably make them worse....
Old 04-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Art, Joe, Earl, get this off of here!
Old 04-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where is the a/f graph.

it sounds like the JG car made 326/230 @ 14lbs before you got it.

you made 298/198 w/ a total of 3 pulls on the dyno. yeh the #'s are not the same. Some dyno's vary. How do u know JG sold u the car w/ the same parts it had before? How do u know JG didn't inflate the #'s in the first place? How much ignition advance did Kenny have in the map? Why don't u have the old map that JG used to tune the car?

also i could have sworn in the other post u said that u found out 500whp was @ 24psi?

basically i think u need more time on the dyno. The car should have come to the dyno ready. It was not, that was ur fualt. If the car was ready on time, you would have had a full day to tune. I would be embarressed if I were you bringing in a car to be tuned that is not ready to be tuned.

If after DFI tuning w/ proper ignition timing and proper air/fuel ratios the car only made 298whp then there is something wrong in the set up. that is ur fault, not the tuners. You should be asking JG why the car only made 298whp, not blaming on it kennys tuning. Power doesn't come from the sky, if it is not in the set up, it is not gonna come from tuning.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: jotech experience in an organized matter with all info (DIRep)

What DIRep is saying is very true. Sounds like you don't know your car very well, only what someone has told you to make a sale. You can't bring them a problem to fix when you come in to dyno. That is not their fault. Find your problems and fix them. Then bring them a car with good compression and functioning parts and the horsepower will be there.
They are good people. Sit down with them in private and work out a plan for repairs. This is not the forum for that.