Notices

I've decided to go with the turbo SOHC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've decided to go with the turbo SOHC

Well... since selling my Zex kit in November I've been contemplating what route to go next. I'm a college student and this is my daily driver so I was looking into something that makes decent power but still streetable AND cost effective. I didn't want to go bottle again because I wanted something different. I looked into the performance of an all motor SOHC and decided... HELL NO. To be fast in full street trim it would take a lot of work. So obviously motor swaps and boost were next. I can get a Sir2 swap pretty cheap but I thought if I was going to swap it would make sense to get a b18c, which I know is a very potent motor. That would be a little costly though and would take a bigger initial investment. I've always loved boost so I thought maybe I could do a turbo SOHC. I had only been in turbo B's but never a turbo D. VTC Civic lives not too far from me though, so I met up with him at the spot on Tuesday night just to see what a turbo D is like. I loved it. I didn't drive it but I liked how it felt. It felt smooth. Almost like a stock turbo car. This was only @ like 6psi also so it's not like it was hella fast but it could do for daily driving at that boost level. So then I decided that that was the route I should take. It has potential (he ran a 14.1 on street tires @ 12psi... that's good enough for me) and is good for daily driving. The only thing I have to do before deciding for sure is to do a compression test just to make sure everything’s ok (only have 37,500 miles though) and to get this stupid IACV CEL away. Anyone wanna help with that?
Old 05-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I've decided to go with the turbo SOHC (CivicRyda2k)

Bring on the hairdryer baby!!

One more SOHC Turbo in the army
Old 05-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've decided to go with the turbo SOHC (VTC_CiViC)

yep i got my friend doing one, too... he's going ghetto style, but he's also got a death wish for his engine so its cool.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn real... laying out my plans right now. 6psi is very streetable. knowing my i'll get tired of it real quick... that's why i'm PURPOSELY not buying a boost controller till i get the dsm injectors and a vafc.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:20 PM

Default Re: I've decided to go with the turbo SOHC (CivicRyda2k)

Damn real... laying out my plans right now. 6psi is very streetable. knowing my i'll get tired of it real quick... that's why i'm PURPOSELY not buying a boost controller till i get the dsm injectors and a vafc.
MAKE that TWO in the army... I am doing the exact same thing.... I am still wonder if I want to boost 10+ psi, what internals should I get, I am thinking pistons/rods, but I dont know about sleeving and other thinks like valves/springs, etc...
Old 05-01-2002, 11:42 PM
New User

Bring on the hairdryer baby!!

i agree...