Notices

Its about that time....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its about that time....

Alright, heres the deal. Im currently on the search for a new car: 92-95 hatch. I will be swaping in a b18b like many of you here and my plan is for turbo. I have some experience with turbos, mostly DSM, and quite alot of knowledge about the honda engine and just hondas in general. I have a fairly decent budget of about 6grand for the engine, turbo setup, etc. My goal is to put out about 320whp or enough to hopefully hit high 11's with some weight reduction(no spare, no backseat, etc). Now after reading this forum for a few weeks now and looking at several peoples setups, I need to decide on what i need to get so i can start ordering parts so i can hopefully be up and running in a few months.

I will list what i think i need and I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

For the turbo, i was leaning towards maybe a t3/t60-1 with the stage 5 wheel or even an sc61. This is not too much of an educated decision because i am really not sure what ill need for a decently quick spool for the street but yet support high enough hp to run the times i want. If you do give suggestions, which i hope you do, please tell me why because im a little new to this turbo tech and appreciate the help.

For the manifold, i was looking at the revhard or inline pro because i would like to keep my a/c if at all possible. I really dont want to spend an arm and a leg. Again, give me your input.

For the fuel/engine management i was looking at some 6??CC injectors along with the walbro pump and the hondata s200. The hondata seems to have the features i will need and there are tuners within a reasonable distance of where i live.

The other things seem rather minor and not so complicated like the bov, wastegate, and intercooler. Well this is all i can think of right now, so just let me know what you think. If i think of somthin i might have forgotten to post above ill add to this later. Thanks.

O yea, i thought i had already put this in, but i forgot to ask about block work. I was thinking all i would need is maybe pistons, rods and a block guard. If anyone is running the kind of times with a similar setup that im looking into let me know.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone