Notices

Injector question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector question.

RC 550cc injectors. The guy I bought them off told I didn't need a resistor box (he bought them from en at Import parts, his h-t name is peterk) we have been having trouble getting my car going, so we pulled the RC's off and put the stock injectors back on to see if we could get the car going just to do somethings and figure it all out.

Well my buddy told me they were staying open and didn't seem like they are right for my car, The RC's. Now I am a bit confused.....I bought them with the intension that I was saving money and getting a good deal because I didn't have to buy the resistor box and they were just strap on and go.

My buddy is going to get online and put more information down because he knows more about this situation here then I do. So, ill let him tackle it into more detail, I just wanted to get this post out and see if anyone could give any feedback or something I should look for.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if the car in your sig is the one youre talking about i'm pretty sure your stock injectors are "saturated" meaning if you put "Peak and hold" injectors on you need a resistor box.
The resistor box install is really easy. there is a write up on how i installed mine in the lonk below.
i've got some boxes for sale if you need one: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=843078

hope that helps, good luck
PM me i fyou need anything
Old 05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector question. (patdemps)

Pat, read the part number off the injector for me and I'll let you know what injector you have.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

May be a dumb question on my part, but never hurts to ask: what fuel management (ie hondata/aem/uberdata etc) are you using?
If its a plain honda ecu - it will not idle/run 550's, or if its a bad base map/no basemap for a system like hondata = same problem
Old 05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injector question. (markaria)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by markaria &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> May be a dumb question on my part, but never hurts to ask: what fuel management (ie hondata/aem/uberdata etc) are you using?
If its a plain honda ecu - it will not idle/run 550's, or if its a bad base map/no basemap for a system like hondata = same problem</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats not a dumb question its a good one cause he never mentioned any specifics about the car.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not just measure the impedance on the RC550's? That'll tell you in a second what kind they are.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Injector question. (IN VTEC)

ive been dealing with the car a little bit. they are supposedly saturated 550's. he is running uberdata and his car wont get below 10 in/hg or whatever the units are of vacum. so the fuel press is like 52 at idle. he either has a bad leak, or the uberdata map is messed up. im bringing my stock ecu over and putting his stock injectors in and well see what happens. ill bring over my DMM and measure them.

Landon
Old 05-25-2004, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Injector question. (boosted_dc2)

sorry, I forgot to mention im running uberdata (chipped basemap).

the guy i bought them off told they were saturated. i will read the part # off them when I go up to the garage today. landon will be up there to help and he knows more about this then I do so maybe he will figure it out. thanks for the answers thus far, hopefully its just because im running uberdata that they can't idle. we are even having trouble idling with the stock injectors off a uberdata chipped ecu for the stock 240's....but once the car hits around 3k its perfect...it just has a ton of trouble and sputter to get to that point....

so its the uberdata???

if so then my tuner wants to come up tomorrow and street tune it then hit the dyno. i was kind of postponing him coming to make sure the car was going to run rather me waste a ton of money and have him come down here and not even tune it. but if its the uberdata and he can tune that out on the spot then i guess we wouldn't have a problem. if thats what it is let me know and ill have him come down tomorrow and I can finally get my car on the road.

the person thats basically built my whole car and put on the turbo kit has been trying to narrow down problems with timing/distributer(bought basically everything except a cap for it so far) for a week now since I got he chip. I hope all along that it wasn't just the uberdata, even though I kind of hope it is so I can stop worrying about whats wrong with my car.

thanks guys