Notices

Idling high (hondata) after few replacements (TPS/Bigger injectors)??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idling high (hondata) after few replacements (TPS/Bigger injectors)??

okay heres a new one for all you smart guys out there...

my TPS shorted out a few days ago and fried my ecu...at least thats what i figured it was cause it would never rev pass 2.5k. well i got a new ecu, different TPS and also upgraded to bigger injectors since the car was down. now that i put the ecu in, reburned a new map for the bigger injectors (RC550s upgraded to Precision 880s) and replaced the TPS the car idles really high. It idles at around 2.7k-3k...aslo im not sure if the injectors are supposed to sound as loud as they do but i can hear them from inside the car. i tried to datalog the hondata and found out i was still throwing the CEL 7 (TPS). i tried to take it for a spin and it seem to idle back down as i would get in gear but it feel really boggy at lower RPMs. i guess my questions are...

1. are the injectors supposed to sound that loud???

2. could a mis-calibrated TPS cause it to throw the CEL and would it also cause it to idle like that?

3. could the injectors be spraying out too much and cause it to idle high???

i am gonna try to test the voltage on the TPS to see where its at after the rain dies down but let me know if anyone has any suggestions