Notices

An idea for a “Sticky”

Old 11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 An idea for a “Sticky”

I am not sure if any other members would like this but I thought I would suggest it. I love the idea of having a dyno library similar to what we see on Jeff Evans website (http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewforum.php?f=5). I know that we have long threads dedicated to D16’s, B16’s, LS, LS/Vtec and GSR’s.

Don’t get me wrong, those are great and are full of useful information. I just thought it would be nice to have a spot for members to ONLY post the setup along with the dyno graph. Any other posts, or posts that did not follow the rules could/would be deleted.

We could have sub-categories within the sticky to separate from D16/B16/LS/GSR ect. Then we could follow a simple template, for example:

Block: B16a2
Pistons: 81.5mm Wiseco
Rods: Eagle H-Beam
Sleeves: Stock

Head: B16a2
Ports: Stock
Valvetrain: Stock
Cams: GSR
Intake: Skunk 2
TB: Stock

Turbo Setup
Turbo: GT3076 .63ar
Manifold: Ramhorn
Downpipe Size: 3”
Exhaust size: 3”
IC: Precision 350hp
Tuned on: S300

Setup made: xxxWHP xxxWTQ @10pis
Setup made: xxxWHP xxxWTQ @20psi

<Insert Dyno Graph Here>

I don’t think it would take that long for the sticky to get a good amount of graphs in and this could be used as a good reference for people who may want to view various different setups. Again, this would NOT be a place for people to comment on setups or question things about another member’s setup. It’s just a central location of dynos broken down by engine type.

I just thought I would see if anybody else has an interest in this or what the moderators think.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: An idea for a “Sticky”

thats an excellent idea, but a lot of people like to keep secrets, even though there are no secrets about honda making crazy power.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks, I think it would work out nice
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There are a few threads like this obviously that ''say post you power, or dyno b16 charts ect... But i really would like to see something like this. it seems the problem with the other threads was people were just post what they wanted about the motor or turbo,and parts. and not all had graphs but if we could make it so all the essentials were posted it would be great to see and compare. i like the idea..
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cleansi
There are a few threads like this obviously that ''say post you power, or dyno b16 charts ect... But i really would like to see something like this. it seems the problem with the other threads was people were just post what they wanted about the motor or turbo,and parts. and not all had graphs but if we could make it so all the essentials were posted it would be great to see and compare. i like the idea..
True, tons of post will list a setup and say what they are shooting for but you never get around to posting up a dyno graph or anything.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it appears that nobody thinks this would be a good idea?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds way too hit or miss...and we all know how people can turn their dyno numbers into fishing stories. It will also lead to people doing identical setups and getting different numbers and being unsatisfied....also leads into tuner bashing. Just food for thought....I had a thread about some dyno numbersa at one point and HT turned it into bashing my tuner...and that was not my intentions cause he is in fact the best tuner in my area.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93egSLEEPER
Sounds way too hit or miss...and we all know how people can turn their dyno numbers into fishing stories. It will also lead to people doing identical setups and getting different numbers and being unsatisfied....also leads into tuner bashing. Just food for thought....I had a thread about some dyno numbersa at one point and HT turned it into bashing my tuner...and that was not my intentions cause he is in fact the best tuner in my area.
My feelings exactly. A dyno is a tool and should be used as such. It would just turn into a pissing match and without track times to back up the dyno numbers it really doesn't mean anything.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cbustuner
without track times to back up the dyno numbers it really doesn't mean anything.
That's also a good idea, we could add in or have another spot for tire/suspension used on a car, around what the race weight was and what times were ran at a certain power level.