Notices

I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!!

OK here is my situation; I put my turbo in a couple of weeks ago and it is in limp mode and wont come out. The wierd thing is it isnt throwing any codes out. My setup is: 14b turbo, 450cc dsm injectors, ecu chipped for turbo edit, walbro 255lph fuel pump, blaster 2 ignition coil, smic. Now I've tried different ecu's and still nothing. I got a new O2 sensor in and nothing changed, one thing i was thinking and looking at is the missing link by synapse and i am not sure if i need it or what. Could it be my injectors? I am not sure what to do now cause there arent any ecu codes. I need some help with this cause it is really annoying and i am moving to columbus in 2 weeks and need to get this taken care of and get it e-checked. Please any help will do. Thanks ahead of time
Old 09-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: I need help!! (Jeter2karaffa)

oh yeah i forgot to tell you about my car, i drive a 91 integra with the b18a engine
Old 09-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are using turboedit, then you dont use a missing link or map bypass valves...your MAP sensor needs to se boost. But you say you're not throwing and codes? who tuned your car? was it tuned with a wideband? also do you have a wideband or can get access to a wideband?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: I need help!! (BlueShadow)

my car hasnt been tuned yet, i talked to blundar about tuning it and he said it would be something else and tuning it wouldnt solve the problem. He recommended a new ecu which didnt help at all. and i dont have a wideband and dont know where i could get one. do you think tuning it will take it out of limp mode?
Old 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it bogging really bad and running rich? that's what I was thinking. Does it at least have a basemap for the 450's? I'm assuming the motor was running fine before you threw the turbo on?

EDIT: also do you have your own chip burning setup? have you tried making a new basemap.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:30 PM

its running rich and yes it has a basemap for the 450's and no i dont have a chip burning setup I got mine from xenocron. the motor was fine before the turbo and runs fine till 3500 rpm. also i dont really know too much about turbo edit and how to use / tune it
Old 09-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So when you started it with the chip it felt like it was in limp mode? you could try getting with xenocron and see what he has to say. There is a chance one of the options in TE is set wrong. Maybe he can send you a new basemap chip. But having an untuned car that is running rich doesn't make the troubleshooting process any easier.

You said that you tried different ECU's, but just to make sure...these were all chipped ECU's correct? you took your chip out and put it in the new ECU and placed the new ECU in your car but still had limping issues?
Old 09-04-2005, 04:39 PM

yes i took the chip and moved it from ecu to ecu and still the same problem. I actually have the basemap for my car on this computer, i mean i really dont know what i would be looking for if something was set wrong. I talked to xenocron a couple of weeks ago and all he said was he thinks it needs to be tuned. But blundar said he didnt think it was that though. When you start the car it starts up fine and idles fine. It even accelerates to 3500 rpm pretty well then the fuel cut off kicks in.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:02 AM

bump