Notices

I am so frustrated with my turbo install....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am so frustrated with my turbo install....

damn, I installed the Drag kit last sunday, ever since then until today, I can never get anything to work right....
exhaust leaks, boost leaks, oil leaks, fuel leaks....................

yesterday, Direp972 and I took off my turbo and re-assembled the whole manifold and turbo, I thought that fixed the problem, nope still leaks and bogged....
I fixed the exhaust leaks, nope still leaks, today I just find out, I lost about 1/8" of oil on the dipstick, which is about 1/2 quart of oil....just this morning alone...

I put loctite red and anti seize on all the bolts, today I discovered two threads on my downpipe bolt is exposed....

and still the damn oil leaks, I thought it was the oil feed line to the turbo, but now it may be the oil pan is leaking....

WTF ??? am I just cursed with this shiets ????????????????

I think tomorrow, I am gonna give one last chance, I want to take it to a shop and have them fixed all my leaks, install my B/C, timer and re-run fuel pump and all my other headaches....

if none of those worked, I guess I'll put up my turbo kit for sale, I don't think I meant to have turbo car...... and just go all motor...(sorry Chris!!) this is more than I can handled, plus my car is my only source of transportation, so I can only do it on a weekend....

thanks for letting me vent...

stan
Old 11-04-2001, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Flamenco-T)

I had those problems for months, after I installed mine, not all at once though, dont worry about it. Do you have a flex pipe on the downpipe?

[Modified by LsTurbo91, 3:02 PM 11/4/2001]
Old 11-04-2001, 02:19 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

stan, hang in there! You have plenty of help around here (online and in dfw). Art should be back this evening....

Joe
Old 11-04-2001, 03:36 PM
New User

if it makes you feel any better i have those problems too.
especially the oil leaking. that is my problem now i think it's coming from the oil sending unit i just haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
my biggest headache is that my boost guage doesn't work. i finally put it off the fpr, but then i think there is a kink in the tubing cause it still isn't reading boost.
so just take a breather and carry on. it'll all be good.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (udctown)

thanks joe and everyone...

well check this out, ever since last sunday here are the list of problems I have had...

-antenna suddenly stops working
-I had a flat and busted my tires
-on friday, I was checking my hood when the car is at idle, I saw right before my eyes, the fuel lines bursted out...
-my radio is suddenly fvcking up
-more and more rattles.....

all of these of top of the usual daily exhaust leak, manifold leaks, turbo leaks, and etc.....

I guess it just may be my luck....

I am still contemplating on wether to try to take them all apart once again, and try to install it again by taking my time, or just have a shop do the rest and heck with it...since I'll have to install B/C (AVC-R)...I dunno if I want another surprises with screw ups....

but then I remember, I have to use the car to work daily, not to mention I have to work...

oh well, I'll sleep on it...
Old 11-04-2001, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (falconGSR)

hang in there bro, I had a ton of problems at first too....you will love your car that much more when you get it all ironed out. and you are learning alot in the meantime.
Old 11-04-2001, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks joe and everyone...

well check this out, ever since last sunday here are the list of problems I have had...

-antenna suddenly stops working
-I had a flat and busted my tires
-on friday, I was checking my hood when the car is at idle, I saw right before my eyes, the fuel lines bursted out...
-my radio is suddenly fvcking up
-more and more rattles.....

all of these of top of the usual daily exhaust leak, manifold leaks, turbo leaks, and etc.....

I guess it just may be my luck....

I am still contemplating on wether to try to take them all apart once again, and try to install it again by taking my time, or just have a shop do the rest and heck with it...since I'll have to install B/C (AVC-R)...I dunno if I want another surprises with screw ups....

but then I remember, I have to use the car to work daily, not to mention I have to work...

oh well, I'll sleep on it...
Damn, makes it makes it sound scary to get a turbo. Oh well, how else am I going to make a honda really fast?

Turbo
Old 11-04-2001, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (HXMan)

keep your head up man..i've had my oil leak since day one of my install. I also have a exhaust leak somwhere and my car smokes a lil....these problems comes with the package but don't worry...once everything works out...you'll be more then happy...
Old 11-04-2001, 07:18 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously Stan u should stick with it.. Your starting to make me nervous with my install.. haha but Supposivly the first week or two are where u get all the bugs worked out
Old 11-04-2001, 07:30 PM

Put some copper spray on your manifold gasket, it works everytime.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:20 PM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Liltrix)

You should fly Dustin out there and have him help you. He helped me out with mine and it worked perfect from the beginning.

Seriously though, I think you should hang in there. The payoff is huge.
Old 11-05-2001, 04:38 AM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Anthony K)

welcome to the freakin club
Old 11-05-2001, 04:51 AM
Banned

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (GSRacer)

ever since i put my turbo in
my car has had nothing but problems.
Old 11-05-2001, 09:48 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Anthony K)

You should fly Dustin out there and have him help you. He helped me out with mine and it worked perfect from the beginning.

What exactly does dustin do so differently from everyone else that makes his installs so successful. I could understand one install being good and another not if something was actually done wrong.. It seems to me if you take your time and do everything right you shouldnt have any problems.. Although the problems could just could be cause maybe its a shitty fabricated kit and its impossible to get perfect..
Old 11-05-2001, 10:08 AM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (DIRep972)

What exactly does dustin do so differently from everyone else that makes his installs so successful. I could understand one install being good and another not if something was actually done wrong.. It seems to me if you take your time and do everything right you shouldnt have any problems.. Although the problems could just could be cause maybe its a shitty fabricated kit and its impossible to get perfect..
I think everybody knows someone like Dustin....He's the person that has done numerous installs, and basically knows his stuff. There are people that THINK they know the solutions to problems, and there are people that KNOW what the solutions are.

Also, with something so potentially troublesome like a turbo on our cars, it helps to know people that have already have them on their cars and know what problems may arise even if everything is done perfect.
Old 11-05-2001, 10:53 AM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Project_Integra)

if there is oil leaking on your pan, it's probaly from the oil return line. it should be welded, i had there problem too then i had the flange gut and had it welded to the pan. that was my problem at least. dont know what else to say, just stick w/ it and it will pay off. turbo rocks the boooooooooooooottta
Old 11-05-2001, 12:24 PM

I'm frustrated too. My oil and coolant leaked... then my oil ran out REAL quick, then my connecting rod BLEW THROUGH MY FREAKING BLOCK.

Keep an eye on your oil levels man...

"I'm coming back with a bigger, badder.... LS motor."
Old 11-05-2001, 01:43 PM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (Project_Integra)

I think everybody knows someone like Dustin....He's the person that has done numerous installs, and basically knows his stuff. There are people that THINK they know the solutions to problems, and there are people that KNOW what the solutions are.

Also, with something so potentially troublesome like a turbo on our cars, it helps to know people that have already have them on their cars and know what problems may arise even if everything is done perfect.
Exactly...he just knew how to do everything right from the start. Remembered how to do everything without using references. It just showed his experience with turbo installs. Plus we took our time to do everything right. What was cool about my install was that he knew what not to do and also had better ideas on how to improve from his own car's install.

DIRep972,

I wasn't implying in any way that your installs aren't of quality. I'm sure you can do just as good of a job as anyone else here. I was just expressing how happy I was with my install.

[Modified by Anthony K, 10:46 PM 11/5/2001]
Old 11-05-2001, 02:44 PM

jbsadler from this board(jack) should have gotten into texas today. we worked through alot of my turbo problems, and he had almost no problems with his own instal. IM him and im sure hell get with you in a few days, soon as hes settled in. dont give up yet.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (integRated109)

Man I feel sorry for you...my install went pretty smooth except for getting the stock parts off. Everything was seized! After that it was smooth sailing. The only thing I regret was mounting the auxilary fuel pump on a firewall instead of on the ac line. That thing is so loud in the cabin. Imma remount it when I have some time.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:45 PM
New User

Default Re: I am so frustrated with my turbo install.... (LsTurbo91)

exactly why i paid to have it installed...