Notices

how many psi can a Ls Golden Eagle sleeve/bore/hone block with stock internal hold??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how many psi can a Ls Golden Eagle sleeve/bore/hone block with stock internal hold??????

Does anybody know? i try seraching but couldnt find any result, and i would like to keep the internal stock execpt for APR rod bolts, and new piston rings, and new bearings maybe, thats it. How many pound of boost can it hold? 13-15psi maybe? Its a b18b1 with Eagle sleeve/bore/honed once again btw. And i am gonna tune it. thanks!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:39 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: how many psi can a Ls Golden Eagle sleeve/bore/hone block with stock internal hold?????? (sPaRk'

truthfully i dont know why the **** you would want to use stock internals and a nice new GE sleeved block. Id wait til you get the money for new internals. And no your GE sleeved block will not be able to hold more boost with stock internals. Mainly b/c I dont know of anyone that really blew their stock sleeves before stock pistons/rods.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: how many psi can a Ls Golden Eagle sleeve/bore/hone block with stock internal hold?????? (sPaRk'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">truthfully i dont know why the **** you would want to use stock internals and a nice new GE sleeved block. Id wait til you get the money for new internals. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just thinking the same thing. Truthfully, just save up, take your time and do it right. If you're just looking for 12-15 lbs right now, just go get your car tuned as is. I've been running 12.5 lbs on a bone stock LS for a while now with no problems. Tuning is key
Old 08-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

atleast throw in some eagle rods and srp pistons . if you dont ur just wastin a sleeved block .
Old 08-11-2004, 04:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JonnyDanger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">atleast throw in some eagle rods and srp pistons . if you dont ur just wastin a sleeved block . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A billon psi. There are so many different varibles when turboing a motor. What turbo you put on your car depends alot on turbo size gear ratio cfm flow ect. St00pid was running somewhere around 400hp on a stock internal LS, but it was tuned to the hilt. Save your $ and have the motor built right.

Blaze
Old 08-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Paragraph Alert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell the block, then use the money to buy forged rods and pistons for a stock sleeved block.

Unless you plan on making insane power the general consensus is that stock sleeves are perfectly capable of making big power.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question you should be asking is how much boost will my stock parts hold. A lot depends on how good your tune up is as to whether it will last for two weeks or as long as a few months.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by earl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The question you should be asking is how much boost will my stock parts hold. A lot depends on how good your tune up is as to whether it will last for two weeks or as long as a few months.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree
Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 PM

Okkaaayyy...well the reason i ask is because i know of many people that run totally stock Ls bottom and manage to boost to 9-10psi fine with tuning, i just did a trade for the GE block and im not planning to go all out and i thought since a stock block can handle with good tuning at 9-10 psi with stock internals, and i have a sleeve block and not planning to over 15lb i thought it would be okay, or at least i thought so, so my question is can i or not run this block with stock internal 13psi? thats all im asking, and thats all i wanted to know, but then since i just got hire today , and working again, maybe i can wait and get pistons/rods But my question hasnt been answer yet

Heres my turbo setup btw:
SP Log style manifold
SP 2.5"-3" dp-3" full exhaust
Garrett T4OE Stage three turbine
550's
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Uberdata
Tial wastegate 35mm

Just got a GSR head from a friend, so im going Ls-Vtec-Turbo

Someone just answer my question, most likely, i am gonna get some new piston and rods.

Modified by sPaRk'iT at 7:45 AM 8/12/2004

Modified by sPaRk'iT at 10:17 PM 8/16/2004
Old 08-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You CAN run it but you cannot predict how long it will live. The tune-up would need to stay perfect
Old 08-11-2004, 11:32 PM

Okay, thats all i need to know. Ill keep everybody updated of my car. thanks