Notices

Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 07:23 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it!

/rant

This is complete and utter bullshit.

-bad idle and IAC code, replaced.. computer reset idles a little rough but most likely from the extra fuel.

-drove this morning to work, car started idleing between 1-2k, egt gauge started jumping up and down a few millimeters from where it was at.. almost "shaking", vacume is at -53 on the boost controller (-22 to -23psi)..

-turned car off and back on at a light... car returned to normal.. vacume still off some -53 (-22 to -23psi), idle was about 8-900, back to rough idle, EGT still shakes at idle a little almost like if it was electrical ground was loose, but HEY it's temperature not electrical.

-adjusting the fields did nothing but make care worse above and below -15%, turning it off wasn't a help either. car was acclerating smooth this morning until this happened.. so now when i get off the gas it feels like the fuel supply stops and the car feels like it just hit a small wall... a nice small pleasant tap.

-timing is close to stock now.. i moved it back from retarted and put it where i had it marked as being stock.

If this isn't fixed soon... I'm complete fukin done with this crap...

We are pretty sure we have the coolant lines on the correct spots on the IAC, but if they are switched... what happens?

***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***... ***...

not a good god damn day...

/end rant
Old 01-07-2002, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (GSRwBOOST)

jake jake jake.... you give up too easy bud!

lol...
Old 01-07-2002, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (MarkC)

You're in the same place I am. I decided to sell my car and get a Camaro. 300hp bone *** stock. It will be fun.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:54 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (Strng1dah)

i wont even get that fancy... i was thinking 89 toyota supra, stock.. best seats i ahve sat in ever.. handled nice and had a sport roof... work on paying my bills off and move on with life... it was fun...

damn i dont want to get rid of the car.. but hell if I have any damn clue what's next... in the troubleshooting scheme...

i replaced the IAC.... with a known good/new part from acura...

cold idle isn't even working.... the car wont idle up when first turning it on...

what gives?
Old 01-07-2002, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (GSRwBOOST)

-turned car off and back on at a light... car returned to normal..
Whoa.. car turned off and back on ITSELF!? Seems to me like you need an excorsist before a mechanic dude! That's some freakyness..

[Modified by VTC_CiViC, 11:56 AM 1/7/2002]
Old 01-07-2002, 08:05 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (VTC_CiViC)

no i turned it off/back on......
Old 01-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just sell me the turbo and you got less problems . . . . let me know heheheheh
Old 01-07-2002, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (itr206)

Hmm, you sure do whine a lot..
Old 01-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (Strng1dah)

You're in the same place I am. I decided to sell my car and get a Camaro. 300hp bone *** stock. It will be fun.
Man keep the GS-R. Then get a Camaro. Shoot... I did.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:35 AM
New User

how about a list of your setup so we can have an idea as to whats causing your problem?
Old 01-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (VaporTrail)

GSR Sleeved, pistons 9-1, rods, B&B'd

AEM fuel rail, 370cc injectors, intank BBk pump, airtex inline, fields SFC
secondary o2 is plugged in and bungee'd to the shift linkage (no codes for o2 )
fuel pressure 42-43psi at idle
vortec fpr
vortec fmu (8-1 disk for boost)

obvious drag turbo t4/t3
greddy evo

egt bounces a millimeter or two, idle is 700 but idles rough when i hit the breaks, push the clutch in and let it idle down to normal idle.

vacume is at -53 (-22 to -23psi) occasionally jumps when the car gets crazy

no more codes as of last night/this morning, car occasionally jumps 1-2k for idle.. up and down up and down.. turneing the car off and back on seemed to help, but i think it's only a temporary fix..

coolant lines for IAC might be backwards, becasue car won't idle up when it's just been started up and cold... i'll try switching them tonight...
Old 01-07-2002, 11:13 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (dustin)

Hmm, you sure do whine a lot..
thanks dustin... yes I do, because damnit.. i want all my toys to work!!!

it's kinda funny but just as frustrating at the same time... i always get jokes at work about me always working on my car... so you can imagine I'm keeping my mouth shut today....
Old 01-07-2002, 11:40 AM
New User

so you are still obd2? thats part of the problem right there, betcha money on it. I really preach Hondata for a reason, but if that's not in your budget yet, just an obd1 conversion will make your car purr nicely.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What a terrible idea.
Old 01-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (VaporTrail)

Well the car runs like a scalded dog right now... just that it now idles badly.. so it's soemthing simple. Everyone claims they get o2 sensor codes.. at least they use to.. and my simple solution was to leave it in the open air.. never tossed a code for an o2 sensor...

i'm gonna switch te coolant lines around tonight or friday... and see what happens.. the fact that it wont idle up when cold tells me i second guessed myself and got the lines on the wrong spots...
Old 01-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

camaro....ahhahaha...and you think that's gonna make life easier!! Sinc when is something made by GM 'reliable'
Old 01-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (rawdigga)

clockwise turns the idle down? or up??
Old 01-07-2002, 05:03 PM
ALF
Honda-Tech Member

It's stories like this that make me NOT want to get a turbo.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:22 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

turning it clockwise restricts the amount of air being let in, lowering the idle speed.
Old 01-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Honestly the car gets one more chance.... then I sell it! (falconGSR)

turning it clockwise restricts the amount of air being let in, lowering the idle speed.
Ok.. it's backed out almost the whole way.. idled at 7-800 and by the time i got home an hour later it was idleing at 900... i have someone checking their car for the coolant lines, which one goes to the TB... and i'm going to disconnect the inline pump and see how it idles.. since it's the easiest to get to.. and that will point me in one direction...

thanks and keep up the hints... the next week determines if she stays or goes.. I dont mind spending some time to work on it.. but over and above reasonable $$$ and she goes..
Old 01-07-2002, 06:27 PM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

The coolant lines can go wherever as long as the coolant can flow.
Old 01-07-2002, 06:38 PM
New User

You sure there is no vacuum leak some where around the intake manifold? Had this problem after installing a STR drag manifold and fixed it by detecting the leak. Mine was near the number two runner against the head. I sprayed throttle body cleaner and if there is a leak the engine will suck in some of the fluid and cause instant choking. So, spray that thing everywhere around the manifold or anywhere there would be possible of a leak.