Notices

heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions.

Ok Ive had a bad idle for a while now. Im running 1000 cc injectors so I really didnt think much of it. Its a ls/vtec pushing highf boost. I was driving the car yesterday and it started raining. I was at a light for like 5 minutes and the idle was going up and down from 0 rpm to 1200 rpms. And the vaccum is jumpign from -18 to -10 vaccum. When it started raining like 2 minutes into the rain the idle stopped at 800 rpms and -18 vaccum and stayed there. I started driving again and came to a stop. THe idle stayed at 800. I drove some more hitting 17+ psi of boost trying to get the car hotter. The idle had tiny flucuation but stayed at 800 rpms. So I was like this is weird. Then like 10 minutes later thet rain stopped and the car started having flucuating idle again from 0 rpms to 1200 rpms...sometimes i had to rev it to keep the car running. Does this sound like a heating issue with the iac to you? This is the first time my car has ever idled but the first time i have drove it in the rain also. I just think its really weird....I screwed the fitv all the way back in and it didnt fix it. I replaced the iat because it wasnt working. I got all the air out of the coolant...I'm just stumped on what to check next. This is my track car/weekend fun car so its not that big of a deal...

What I'm thinking of doing is adding another fan and cutting my hood up and adding a hood scoop so that more cold air will get to my cylinder head + manifold and cool it down. My manifold is getting way hot with high boost. I'm still using a stock half size honda radiator in my crx and I have no room for a bigger radiator. Does anyone else have some helpful remedies?

Josh
Old 06-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions. (deftones0817)

Sounds like vacuum leak. I would first check for that to make sure. Use carb cleaner all over your vacuum lines, your tb where it meets mani, and also intake mani and block. If the car stumbles or dies, there's yourleak.

Loosing coolant?

Fans running?
Old 06-11-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions. (mike1114)

fan is running and im not loosing coolant. I have hose clamps on all vaccum lines. So I dont think thats it. Its just weird. I'm going to bleed coolant again see if i get more air i guess.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions. (QuickwhipsCRX)

For the Cooling issue I would try the Teaspoon of Dawn like I reccomended. If crome has a IACV adjuster try messing w/ it to smooth the idle out. I know that my car will idle weird when the humidity is high as well(lowers idle). I would also clean the IACV(screen and internals). Good luck

Phil
Old 06-13-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions. (hondaguyef)

i messed with iac it isnt fixiing it. I'm gonig to try new IAC and some dish soap and a hood scoop. Thanks for suggestions phil.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: heat issues affecting my idle maybe you guys can give suggestions. (QuickwhipsCRX)

No porb Homey, Good luck. I have IACV's here if you need to test one out .

Phil