Notices

hondata with missing link

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hondata with missing link

I've did a search on this topic and everyone says to get a 3 bar map sensor if your going to run over 12 psi. I plan on running 14 psi with the hondata. My question is why can't I use the missing link (which I alreay have)? Has anyone used the missing and hondata together?
Old 07-26-2003, 11:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hondata with missing link (sneakypete)

just get a 3 bar map sensor. missing links are bandaides. they hide pressure from the map sensor, when you want it to see pressure!
Old 07-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata with missing link (GraphiteAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GraphiteAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just get a 3 bar map sensor. missing links are bandaides. they hide pressure from the map sensor, when you want it to see pressure!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Graphite's right. You need to let the Hondata see this pressure otherwise it won't dump enough fuel down there. Don't be cheap. Sell the stupid missing link and buy the 3 bar and pigtail.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: hondata with missing link (ladysman)

You can run 11psi on your stock map sensor, but what ever you do DO NOT RUN A MISSING LINK WITH HONDATA! If you want to boost more than 11psi then get a 3bar map.

art
Old 07-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata with missing link (Arturbo)

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the 3 bar map sensor from ks motorsports. Now I need the pigtail and connector which connects to the map sensor. Where's a good place to get both of these. I have read that you can get the connector at autozone but where can I get the pigtail. Thanks
Old 07-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sneakypete &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the replies. I just ordered the 3 bar map sensor from ks motorsports. Now I need the pigtail and connector which connects to the map sensor. Where's a good place to get both of these. I have read that you can get the connector at autozone but where can I get the pigtail. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

When I say pigtail, I mean the connector with the wires together. Do a search on here for it. There are a ton of threads out there on getting what you need.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did do a search on this. On the map sensor there are three small circular holes labeled A B C. This is where the connector (that's what I call it) goes. I have read that they don't make this piece anymore, but that if you go to autozone you can use an AC sensor connector which will fit. However, you'll have to make small cuts on the sides of the connector for it will fit. Ladysman are you saying the the pigtail already has the connector piece attached along with the wires?
Old 07-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sneakypete &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did do a search on this. On the map sensor there are three small circular holes labeled A B C. This is where the connector (that's what I call it) goes. I have read that they don't make this piece anymore, but that if you go to autozone you can use an AC sensor connector which will fit. However, you'll have to make small cuts on the sides of the connector for it will fit. Ladysman are you saying the the pigtail already has the connector piece attached along with the wires?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You didn't search very much then. I just found what you need.
Go to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com and order GM PART # 12085502

I bought mine a couple of years ago but it came as 1 piece and all I had to do was wire it to the stock map sensor.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you, just ordered it.