Notices

Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ?

Just like the topic says , what are people getting HP wise with their Hondatas and is it handling it . I have one and its working good for the most part, everything will have its tweaks. . . But what i want to know is when will this thing get to the point where it wont support anymore due to being a piggyback off the stock ecu ? I dont know that i will ever see that point , but i need to start thinking of that now as my car it turning into a whole new beast. I need to knwo if its time to start looking for something new.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ? (itr206)

Hondata 4b with 423 whp at 20psi no problems what so ever. Next year i plan on upgrading to the s200 so i can run nitrous as well off of the line.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ? (GudeH23a)

I have the 4b also , i have seen probs with the new software , soi never switched .
How is Hondata for 500-600 or so . thats my concern .
Old 09-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ? (itr206)

I guess my take on all of this is I am not sure Hondata is the limiting factor here. The only thing Hondata is limited to is the 29lbs of boost by the 3 bar map sensor. Other than that, I don't see it limiting HP in anyway. Granted, your fuel system needs to be there to make the power.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ? (ladysman)

see i wasnt sure if becuase its not a true standalone that it might be limited to what it can do with still working with the stock ecu , MOdified or not . i always hear this, but its not proven , so i wanted to think what some of the bigger guys are doing with these things.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see i wasnt sure if becuase its not a true standalone that it might be limited to what it can do with still working with the stock ecu , MOdified or not . i always hear this, but its not proven , so i wanted to think what some of the bigger guys are doing with these things. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not one of the "bigger guys" but I do my own tuning (with the advice Boosted Hybrid ) as I don't have anyone close to me that has any idea what Hondata is (closest being Payn Tech about 8 hours away). Doing my own tuning and knowing the software, I see no limitations other than what I stated above. Again, the fuel will be there.

As far as Hondata not being a true standalone, I don't really care about that, if you can adjust the fuel and timing points and as well a gazillion other things like control nitrous, it is "standalone" enough for me.

I am running on 800cc injectors and it runs like stock and hauls *** at 11lbs of boost.

Oh, another reason to get the S200 is for the Romulator function. It is the best thing since lotion came on Kleenexes.

HTH
Old 09-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata Limitations? Whos doing what with it and what s maxxing it out ? (ladysman)

the reason i havent switched is becuase everytime Jeff tunes mine on his S series it always gets blips and so does DC2R714's, his is still there ebcuas ehe runs s series. Jeff went nuts many times to get rid of it and no go , we converty back to my B series hondata and everything runs fine, so thats wh i didnt switch .
Old 09-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the reason i havent switched is becuase everytime Jeff tunes mine on his S series it always gets blips and so does DC2R714's, his is still there ebcuas ehe runs s series. Jeff went nuts many times to get rid of it and no go , we converty back to my B series hondata and everything runs fine, so thats wh i didnt switch . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jeff has been a big help to me but I haven't has any issues.........yet. Although I haven't switched to the 3 bar sensor yet. At this point, I really have no reason to complain.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

see what ha[ppenss with the bar. he had a few probs with them too .
Old 09-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see what ha[ppenss with the bar. he had a few probs with them too . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jeff mentioned the resolution is completely wack on the 3 bar and I will have to retune. I am not messing with it until the motor goes in during the winter months. It will need broke in so I will just tune while breaking it in. If it is bad, I will switch back to the stock map sensor. I even thought about buying a 3 bar from Hondata (Who use Motec sensors instead of GM....so they say) to see if that makes a difference.