Notices

Hondata Base map/chip question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hondata Base map/chip question...

Is there someone that can just burn a chip for your Hondata setup based on exactly what you have?

IE, I tell them that I have a 95 OBD1 84mm GSR running a P28 ECU, with 880cc injectors but no boost and they send me a chip...?

So basically a stock GSR tune but calibrated to run corrected for the larger bore, and injectors.

Know of anyone?

Thanks,
Bryson
Old 01-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata Base map/chip question... (Bryson)

No, it will need to be tuned on the dyno to run properly. I recommend goign to the tuner that you plan to have tune the car and have them work out a base map for you.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to answer your question, yes they can give you a basemap for 880ccs...but it wont be tuned (is what spunkster is trying to say) to get it to run, ie driveable to the tuner, yes, but how effective it really is...is unknown...
Old 01-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

dont most tuners only tune for wot anyways tho,heh
Old 01-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to answer your question, yes they can give you a basemap for 880ccs...but it wont be tuned (is what spunkster is trying to say) to get it to run, ie driveable to the tuner, yes, but how effective it really is...is unknown...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well thats what I would be looking for...I'm not looking for a tuned chip (I think it was obvious because I stated "BASE map"...but whatever). I also stated that I will be running NO boost...as in there will not be a turbo hanging off the front end...I would just need the base map so I can break in the motor.

The real question I'm looking for to get answered, is WHO can I have do this for me?

Thanks
Bryson
Old 01-09-2004, 09:53 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (Bryson)

yes...sorta...my neighboor drove around boosting (even turned up the boost ) on his basemap..teh car actually ran really decent. For the most part there a hit and miss thing, i wouldn't depend on one.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes...sorta...my neighboor drove around boosting (even turned up the boost ) on his basemap..teh car actually ran really decent. For the most part there a hit and miss thing, i wouldn't depend on one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I seriously think you people do not know how to read...
Old 01-09-2004, 10:34 AM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I seriously think you people do not know how to read... </TD></TR></TABLE>

actually now that i re-read your question and realized how simple it is i seriously think you don't know how to search when you order your hondata they will/should ask your setup and burn the base map according to it. If you bought your hondata second hand you can either get a base map from hondata or any hondata tuner, although some are reluctant to do basemaps anymore...
Old 01-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never ordered it from a shop.

I actually traded my Zdyne for an S200b with datalogging. The guy who had it was given a LS basemap.

I am wondering if there is someone on here who can do a good basemap.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:20 AM
TurboJesse

any authorized hondata tuner or hondata themselves, it should only cost a couple bucks, takes maybe a few mins to setup a basemap.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any authorized hondata tuner or hondata themselves, it should only cost a couple bucks, takes maybe a few mins to setup a basemap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool. I'm going to try contacting several people on here who tune Hondata to see if they can burn me a chip. I dont really have a tuner within 50 miles of me.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Cool. I'm going to try contacting several people on here who tune Hondata to see if they can burn me a chip. I dont really have a tuner within 50 miles of me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll help you out, Bryson. You live in nosebleed country, so it might take a few tries to get it right, but something driveable will be easily doable.

Sonny
Old 01-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sonny)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'll help you out, Bryson. You live in nosebleed country, so it might take a few tries to get it right, but something driveable will be easily doable.

Sonny
</TD></TR></TABLE>

SWEET!

hit my up in PM if you need anymore info about the setup.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SWEET!

hit my up in PM if you need anymore info about the setup. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah...I just type into a Hondata: It's not a ZC

and then Hondata figures it out. lol

Sonny
Old 01-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man i can get u a base map for your 880's i have some chips on hand just send me your info and i will mail it out to u.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:42 PM
New User

Default Re: (DRAGLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DRAGLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey man i can get u a base map for your 880's i have some chips on hand just send me your info and i will mail it out to u.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You'll be lucky to even provide him something that will idle the car let alone drive it. anything over 550cc is hit or miss with a basemap. I suggest he just haul his car over to someone who can tune it from start to finish and be done with it. I've stopped even burning basemaps for people because of that liability.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GruvyTune)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GruvyTune &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You'll be lucky to even provide him something that will idle the car let alone drive it. anything over 550cc is hit or miss with a basemap. I suggest he just haul his car over to someone who can tune it from start to finish and be done with it. I've stopped even burning basemaps for people because of that liability.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no way dude, my 1000cc basemap i did for someone idled really damn good AND drove pretty damn good (14.0 afr a lot of the map) surprising i know
Old 01-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

Hondata does not do basemaps. They are provided by the dealers. Please do not call asking Hondata to burn a basemap.