Notices

"Honda motors can't take boost!" says hater

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Honda motors can't take boost!" says hater

I was at a BMW meet last week and some nissan 240 guy was hatin all over honda. He says he used to own a Type r Teg, but fell in love with nissans after taking a ride in his brothers ol' skool S-ER. This guy swore up and down that all his buddies back in the days would boost their B series motors and have to rebuild em 3-4 months later. "Honda Motors are high compression.." he said. "you throw 25psi of boost on an 11:1 comp motor... COME ON.. what do you think is gonna happen". I am a 4 year subscriber to honda tuning magazine and i've seen all kinds of hondas boosted in there and on the streets too. IF honda motors blew that easy, i don't thing everybody and their mom would be building one LOL! somebody with experience Tell me what the real deal is with Hondas and boost.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: "Honda motors can't take boost!" says hater

u have to build dem right no short cuts but i agree they are tempermental when it comes to a bad build i wouldn't put my b18c tru the crap i use to put my 4g63 thru but hondas amaze me it dont take much to make power and its easier to make power and build to me
Old 01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondas are not tempermental. you can boost a stock honda to some pretty stout numbers and they hold up. Its al about tuning. Yes they are high compression so tuning isnt so easy like a low compression nissan motor but who cares. With the amount of good tuners out there in pretty much every state or within driving distance thats ntoing to be concerned with.

All cars that are converted to turbo can be finiky in some way but honda isnt any less than any other company. those kids rebuilding the motors every 3-4 months obviously dont knwo what they are doing and shouldnt be hating on hondas because theri 25 psi of boost with an FMU didnt hold up. LOL there obviously retard.

Ive been boostign hondas a long time and even on my first boosted honda that i had no clue what i was doing and made it up as i went, i didnt have to rebuild my motor every 3 months. in fact that motor ran mint on crome freewasre with me tuning the first time i ever tuned with no experience lol
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-LS
Hondas are not tempermental. you can boost a stock honda to some pretty stout numbers and they hold up. Its al about tuning. Yes they are high compression so tuning isnt so easy like a low compression nissan motor but who cares. With the amount of good tuners out there in pretty much every state or within driving distance thats ntoing to be concerned with.

All cars that are converted to turbo can be finiky in some way but honda isnt any less than any other company. those kids rebuilding the motors every 3-4 months obviously dont knwo what they are doing and shouldnt be hating on hondas because theri 25 psi of boost with an FMU didnt hold up. LOL there obviously retard.

Ive been boostign hondas a long time and even on my first boosted honda that i had no clue what i was doing and made it up as i went, i didnt have to rebuild my motor every 3 months. in fact that motor ran mint on crome freewasre with me tuning the first time i ever tuned with no experience lol
thats why i said a bad build BAD BUILD they are tempermental with BAD BUILD not a good build with a good tune bro come on
Old 01-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL My Integra has been turbocharged for over 10 years on the same motor. I ran the FMU setup until 2003 when there was a group deal to sleeve blocks. So I pulled the motor, built, and got Hondata. Tuned myself to over 25psi and has been running like a top ever since.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

^^ Hehe, I did damn near the same thing. Going on 12 years.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

people hate on hondas be cause of there lack of knowlege