Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

What do you dislike about hondas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you dislike about hondas?

What are some things you dont like about hondas or what are some things that you wished honda included in their cars...

Obviously we are all Honda enthusiasts. But after working on my honda then working on my nissan I realize that in order to make decent power. Lets say 450hp I have to do way more with my b18a than I would have to do with a sr20det or even the ka24de that came in my 240sx...

I wish honda would build cars with stronger bottom ends. I'm sick of having to remove my engine, strip it down to tha bare block then ship it somewhere to be sleeved just to handle 15 lbs of boost. Otherwise id be stuck with only running 8 lbs of boost on a 3000 + dollar turbo kit that can support much more boost.

I also wish that honda would bring back the prelude and make a new rwd car with a 6 cylinder i vtec engine that doesnt cost a fortune like the nsx does.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:22 PM
mike93eh

boost a 86-89 accord, they have cast blocks
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you dislike about hondas? (JdmEg6andS13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdmEg6andS13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I wish honda would build cars with stronger bottom ends. I'm sick of having to remove my engine, strip it down to tha bare block then ship it somewhere to be sleeved just to handle 15 lbs of boost. Otherwise id be stuck with only running 8 lbs of boost on a 3000 + dollar turbo kit that can support much more boost.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sucks, you think you cant run more than 15psi on stock sleeves
yah the bottom ends aren't bullet proof but if you look at the quality of honda parts from the factory you are hard pressed to find better work, I have worked on alot of different engines but hands down the build quality of honda engines is second to none for the price. Aluminum block, aluminum head technology is great, B series for example as a stock engine thats 100+ horsepower per liter. Your KA motor doesn't have that and the sr20 had to come from overseas so it doesnt count... oh and its a factory turbo so no **** its gonna make more power with a bigger turbo but stock its nothing to write home about. I would honestly rather boost the KA motor just because its more original and makes more torque.

The only thing to fix would be the friggin rattles and thats it.