Notices

!!!!!!!!HEY SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION! would you consider an SC if it would be affordable??

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 07:30 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!HEY SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION! would you consider an SC if it would be affordable??

ME and a friend that his really skilled with FI setups are planning on developping a base kit with eaton superchargers ..

it would basicly consist of a turbo like setup
that would be drivin by a supercharger placed almost like the JRSC ..
but it would work like a turbo except for the spooling part
and it would necessite most of the gagdets that turbos would require
only that power would be almost instantaneous and you could retain a normal header/exhaust setup
would be belt driven of course

it would surely come with brakets for the application
quick instructions, the supercharger itself
and both the fitted inlet and outlet to plug it to the engine

so ..what i need to know
is there a market for such thing ?

would you guys be interested if it was at a decent price
( using rebuilt SC cause brand new are almost 1400$ themselves and the point of all that is bringing and affordable starter kit to people like us that can't afford JRSC kits.. )

??????

please i really NEED A LOT OF INPUTS ON THAT OK!

thanks..

ah by the way
it would be ridiculously easy to install
and would require almost non modifications in most of the applications ..
then you would need to update as needed fuel and electronics ..
Old 01-09-2002, 08:04 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: !!!!!!!!HEY SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION! would you consider an SC if it would be affordable?? (JinM

what would be the difference between this and a JRSC? And how do you expect to make it easier to install than a JRSC - and cost less, also?

you're going to use rebuilt eaton blowers? do u have a hookup from Manguson?
Old 01-09-2002, 08:21 AM
New User

Default Re: !!!!!!!!HEY SUPER IMPORTANT QUESTION! would you consider an SC if it would be affordable?? (JinM

nah we have good connections for rebuilded and used that we get them to rebuild eaton blowers yes

it would be easier cause it maybe ( still studying that ) wouldn't replace all theintake manifold

JR are using brand new SC
and they charge a lot for developpment en such
ours wouldn't be as complete as theirs
but it would be more like a starter kit
it maybe won't give 100+HP on a car
but it would give a good boost amount for the money
with lots of reliability in the engine ..

let's say it would be like buying a turbo + custom manifold for specific car

and when i say cheaper
i say in the 1200 +- 200$ range ..
depending on the condition of the blower and depending on teh demand and avaiblity
and it wouldn't be something marketed ..we don't wanna sell 500 of thoose
just a few each weeks

Old 01-09-2002, 08:56 AM
New User

So it will include mounting brackets, piping, belts, nuts bolts hoses screws washers...

Not included will be fuel management?

Sounds like a good idea to me! Bolt on supercharger + hondata!
Old 01-09-2002, 09:18 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont understand how this will be in anyway like a turbo! but still, if you can undercut the JRSC in anyway possible I say go for it.. IF you can design this as a base kit which allows upgrades for intercooling, boost upgrades, and fuel managemnt upgrades.. Basically when I first was looking at making my car faster if there would have been a good reliably way for me to gain 50-75hp for under 2k dollars I would have definitly bought that before considering spending 5k on a complete turbo set up..
Old 01-09-2002, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You just can't get any Eatons blower. You need the ones that turn backwards. From what I heard, this may only be a rumour, but JR has a lock on North American distribution of these Eatons blowers that turn backwards.

I'm with DIRep972, I don't understand how this is like a turbo either.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I heard, this may only be a rumour, but JR has a lock on North American distribution of these Eatons blowers that turn backwards.
That i what I have heard as well. This being the reason there is only one overpriced SC kit for our cars.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Better than steak

Thats blasphamy to say it will be kinda like a turbo, but a super charger. Damn YOU!! Jk..

art
Old 01-09-2002, 02:20 PM
New User

I say go for it! If you make it, people will buy!
Old 01-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How are you goign to get it to work if you just have the blower portion w/o making a intake manifold part.
Old 01-09-2002, 06:42 PM
New User

yeah i know about the way of the rotation thing..
we have few solutions..

about it beeing liek a turbo
i didn't not mean that i would duplicate a turbo
but that we could think of it more as a turbo using approximatly the same
accessories that you would use on a turbo setup VS JRSC ..

it will be more compatible with diff access that people would like to use..

for the manifold part, we have 2 different ways that we know we can do that..
1 way is without altering the stock TB and intake part..
it would be less powerfull but would be cheaper since we don't have to manuf a special intake manifold, and the second part looks more like the JRSC kit..
maybe we'll just try and do both ..

neway i can assure you all that it would be ridiculously priced compared to JR kits
and it would be more friendly towards modifications ..
but i don't think that we will be able to make it for all models of hondas

neway ..i see that there is a certain interest in that..

thanks..
Old 01-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no offense, but this all sounds a bit unassuring to me... and it seems that your knowledge in the product you plan to sell isn't all too great. Plus, using rebuilt parts... I don't wanna spend money on a used part unless I can get it DIRT cheap, like a turbo off a volvo for like 30 bucks.

the JRSC does not provide 100+ hp, it will only give you about 40 to 50hp. This kit if done properly should provide the same amount of power. Except with a lot of problems.

You want to undercut a well known company with high quality parts and tons of R&D with a similar product of your own, BUT you don't realize how much work it takes to perfect one of these kits! You realize that even with such a good product, people tend to not like it as much as turbos and a lot of people have a negative view on JRSC's, the reason I dont understand.

I visit their shop many times and I have seen the R&D they put into these cars! Some cars are there for almost a year! Supercharging isn't as simple as you may think, so be aware of what you are trying to get into.

Sorry, I am not interested. Love my supercharger, but apparently it gets a lot of complaints or unhappy customers cuz of some problems they have experienced... lots of R&D and still problems occur... so you think using a rebuilt s/c will make things any better? Plus, no fuel management or enrichment?? I would go back to the drawing boards if I were you...
Old 01-09-2002, 09:12 PM
New User

wass your point ?
don't come and bash jsut cause u got the JRSC

i neer said that it ain't good
it's a dam nice kit and i know that they have put a lo of efforts on thoose..
but it is unlikly that most people will ever have the cash to pay such a high price
now rebuilded SC have proven to endure the same life as new one on mroe than one occasion .. normally..SC are good for roughly 100K KM then they start to make some weird noises..when u rebuild them..u change all the bearings and the shasfts..
so in fact the only thing that u keep is the casing..
so it's exactly like a new one..cause u use new parts like the one they use to do the NEW SCs at eaton so ..

neway the hole point of this is to be able to provide a starting kit on wich peopel can build for a fraction of the price of a complete JRSC kit..

then peopel can buy used or new access to accomodate the SC as they want ..