Notices

Hey guys, can you help me on fixing this slight oil leak...return line

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, can you help me on fixing this slight oil leak...return line

Well, a few days after having the turbo on, I noticed that the return line is leaking...very slowly. I tried wrapping it with some teflon tape, but it just slowed it down...

It leaks very slowly and I only noticed a dime size leak now, compared to before without the teflon tape I used.

Here's a pic, it's leaking from somewhere in between the braided line and red connector....where the red arrow is pointing.

This pic does not show my ghetto teflon tape

Old 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Hey guys, can you help me on fixing this slight oil leak...return line (02SilverSiHB)

I know this is not the easiest , but mine is the same line (russel -10) and you prob. just need to take that fitting back off and redo it , make sure you apply alot of pressure on the hose when your putting it together. NO TEFLON ON THE AN FITTINGS! hope you get it to stop , I know its frustrating..
Old 10-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey guys, can you help me on fixing this slight oil leak...return line (sleeping GIANT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeping GIANT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know this is not the easiest , but mine is the same line (russel -10) and you prob. just need to take that fitting back off and redo it , make sure you apply alot of pressure on the hose when your putting it together. NO TEFLON ON THE AN FITTINGS! hope you get it to stop , I know its frustrating.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ah, shouldn't be to hard I guess. I just need to take the dump tube off, then I guess I could just take the connection off where it is bolted down (on that flange)..then work on it that way? I will have to be under the car on my back, no lift for me

So is that basically what you're saying...just unbolt it, bringing it down for easy access to take the fitting off and fix it....I'm a turbo newb, so I just want to make sure I understand correctly...I wasn't sure if removing that flange would be okay....of course after the car has sat for a while.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hey guys, can you help me on fixing this slight oil leak...return line (02SilverSiHB)

here's a pic of the tube off...from when it was being installed

verses with it being on...looks like it'll be easier access having it off