Notices

hey everyone, new here

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey everyone, new here

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and working on my summer plans for my car. I bought a '94 Civic EX in July last summer and just this March I dropped in a b18c1. The engine is all stock and out of a 95 GSR with 94,000 miles on it. Right now it has the stock dual stage intake and P72 ecu correctly wired to actuate the runners, etc. I guess its kind of a sleeper although as far as I am concerned it is still asleep... I need more speed! So this summer the plan is to get a low boost turbo set up going. Plans I have for the near future like either this month or the next are Hondata s200b and rc550 injectors, then jump in with the turbo asap after that. I am considering going with either the Skunk2 or JG intake manifold instead of the GSR dual stage intake and switching back over to a P28 ecu. As far as the turbo goes I haven't made a choice for what one I am going to use. I hear using a T3 would be good for a low boost street application as it will spool faster than a T3/T4. I don't plan to boost more than maybe 7 or 8 psi in the near future because the internals are still stock, does a T3 sound like a good way to go? This might sounds crazy but I would also like to keep my A/C and power steering as this car is more of a daily driver than an all out drag or auto-cross car.
Anyways, just wanted to kind of introduce myself, you will probably see me around here quite a bit as I know the best way to learn is to read. Even so, any advice you guys might be able to give would be great. Thanks!

By the way, here are a couple pictures of my car, I did the swap myself. (no, I did not paint the valve cover, it came that way!)

Old 04-05-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: hey everyone, new here (isuhonda83)

For your engine, I don't think you'd want to go with a T3. A good size T3/T4 is the best bet, and with a good tuned hondata you should be able to run 8psi with no problems. Also, there are a lot of a/c compatible manifolds, so its up to you. Best thing to do on here is search. Anyways, nice start and good luck!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 PM

a t3 super 60 would spool really good on that motor and work awesome at low boost and still make really good power, same goes for the t28 also Heck a greddy kit would do you very very good, bolt it in (comes with everything needed) Its reasonably priced and will retain all stock components (AC, PS, etc)and use your fuel system as you stated and ditch greddys fuel stuff and you would have a nice setup and extremely reliable with low boost just somethin else to consider

You definetly are heading in the right direction, you should look into ubderdata its free software and works just as good as hondata with basically all the same features so if you know about tuning or no someone who is decent at it, they could get yur car running awesome on uberdata, very simple windows based program, It would save ya 5-600 bucks...just need to chip yur p28 and yur set
Old 04-05-2004, 08:42 PM

I was hoping I would hear that about the A/C. And yeah, I don't want to go too small with the turbo because down the road a bit I will probably dive into the internals and want to up the boost. I have a local guy that is a good Hondata tuner and he recommended that I start with the computer and fuel system upgrades so I can get a base set up before putting on the turbo. I am still running the stock Honda fuel pump but I have been reading around here and it seems a lot of people go with a 255lph in tank pump. I will probably do that too. The main thing I am looking for is a reasonable amount of power increase without chancing the engine. I considered just going with a Drag turbo kit but I am not a big fan of the whole FMU idea, I would rather have the correct computer set up.

Anyways, I think I have blabbed enough. Thanks guys!
Old 04-05-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: hey everyone, new here (youngkow)

255 is a must to run 550's, the greddy kit as i stated does retain all factory components and guys make good numbers on it, its a good complete kit...do a search and find some info on it....good stuff
Old 04-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hey everyone, new here (TravSi)

i have a turbo for sell in good condition
Old 04-06-2004, 05:27 PM

Hey guys, sorry I was not able to reply to this any sooner because I am apparently limited to 5 posts in 24 hours. Thanks again for all the information, this is just what I am looking for! I did look into the greddy last night and that is a def. possibility. If I bought that would the fuel management stuff it comes with be worth much? Since I wouldn't need it it would be nice to be able to sell it off. Redturbocivic, what do you have for sale?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (isuhonda83)

Car looks good. Looks like you landed yourself a Sp00n valvecover too y0.

This forum is full of good info I reccomend searching around.

Good luck.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:40 PM

Default Re: (EpDarks)

damn off-road edition...ide be adding some lowering on the to-do list
Old 04-06-2004, 06:11 PM

Welcome! Enjoy your stay.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: (gritsak)

lol yeah the off road edition is nice huh? shocks/springs are on the to do list, along with rear disc swap. i would really love to have it all done up with better suspension, brakes, and turbo by the end of the summer but i am just a poor college kid. i don't even start my full time job for another month, right now I am just a part time slave.

the car looks ok, I am not a fan of body mods but it would look a lot better lowered some and with non-pink bumpers
Old 04-06-2004, 09:15 PM

Ok all this reading is helping quite a bit but I am still new to this whole turbo thing. Basically what I am looking for would be a very max of 300whp (250 or so whp is more like it probably) with quick spool up and it will be for mostly street driving with a little autocross and possibly a very little bit of drag racing here and there. What would you all recommend I get as far as a turbo goes? A t3 super 60 was mentioned, as well as a greddy 18g. Would one of those suit my needs?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (isuhonda83)

you're definately on the right track about not wanting to use an FMU. at the very least, use the AFC or SMC hack with 450cc injectors. your best bet would be hondata or uberdata (uberdata is simliar to hondata but it costs less. it is more for the DIY'er if you have some knowledge of electronics, etc). like others have said, the search feature on this site will be your best friend in learning 97% of everything you need to know.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:02 PM

welcome to H-T!!! be kind to it and it will be kind to you ha ha!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:11 AM

Default Re: hey everyone, new here (playAho)

Get real familiar with the search function in the upper right hand corner, otherwise you tend to get n00b flamed.