Notices

HELP !!!! RSX is in retard mode !!!! lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !!!! RSX is in retard mode !!!! lol

hey guys, my type-s turbo is F.U.B.A.R

heres what happened.......

went to start the car to leave work the other day and the CEL came on but yet it idled fine. so i thought i would re-start it to see if the CEL would go away. it did go off at first but then came back on 10-15 sec.s later. so i decided to remove the ground terminal from the batt to see if that would make it go away. well, when i reconected the batt and tried to start it, it would not start. after a few attempts to start it the car finally started but was idling very rough and my AEM UEGO A/F gauge was metering very rich ( below 11.0:1 A/F)

i tried to use a OBDII scan tool to read the CEL code(s) but no luck it wasnt reading any. the codes said "0" or "00" and would not erase anything.

i made sure the ECU was bolted tight in place and all wire harnesses were connected.
i also checked the coil packs, spark plugs, ignition module, and all associated fuses.
my main engine ground to the valve cover is also good, along with all other grounds to the motor and chasis.

when i drove the car to work that mornig it was fine, ran fine, and drove fine. no problems. so im running out of ideas. the ECU is a Hondata K-Pro and was professionally tuned on a Dyno, but the shop that did it ( the tuning factory in farmington hills MI ) is no longer in bussiness. ive talked to Chris at clubrsx.com and to some tech at Hondata, but i need a lap top hooked up to the ECU to read codes. well, ive tried to upload the newest version of the software and download the latest USB drivers, but no luck. the disc i have we cant find the drivers for USB?
so does anyone have any clue as to what the hell is going on????

thanks in advance
pat
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HELP !!!! RSX is in retard mode !!!! lol (rsxpat)

Retard mode! Sounds like it has owner detection built in. Sure it never happened before?

You answered your own question here man. Extracting the code is the key to fixing the problem, and in order to do that you need to connect to Kpro.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you install the USB drivers? I'm not sure about Kpro but on my S300 I had to install the application 1st and then it installs the drivers. Searching for the drivers just on the disc or folders won't work.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 AM

i wasnt able to install the drivers. the lap top i was using wasnt able to get online where i work due to the network being password protected. and i do not have internet access at my home. so does any one have any sugestions???? keep this in mind too, i live about 3 hours from the nearest k-pro tuners, im in NW indiana and they are in wisconsin!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Re: (rsxpat)

well, i just replaced all 4 coil packs and checked all the vacuum lines and the car is still ideling very irradic and rich (11.0:1 A/F) ??????????????????????

i even double checked the fuses to make sure i have 12vdc with the key turned 'on' ???? i have power, all my grounds appear to be good too.

Arrrgggg!!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rsxpat)

If you don't have internet access, go to the nearest starbucks or mcdonalds with wi-fi and connect there to download the drivers.

Even if you end up replacing/fixing the issue its still not going to run correctly till you clear the code. So randomly replacing parts/sensors isn't going to help.