Notices

HELP PLEASE! SMOKING T25!! Pics of setup inside...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE! SMOKING T25!! Pics of setup inside...

Ok guys I have been posting on here alot lately trying to figure out what is up with my T25. Well long story short I am spewing oil into my downpipe which in turn is smoking up my neighborhood block. LOL. I asked questions about shaft play so I after I found some answers I went out and checked mine. My T25 has absolutely no in and out play, no top to bottom play, and very very minor side to side play. So that leads me to believe that my turbo is in pretty decent shape. Right?:-\
I have also recently installed a 1/16 restrictor into my dash 3 oil feed line and I relocated my return on a different pan to almost the top of the pan because my other one was way to low. I also went with a bigger return line in general as well, I believe it is like 3/4 ID line. I read that as long as its bigger than 1/2" I should be alright....
Here are some pics of my setup please look them over and see if you can notice anything wrong...

My oil feedl line and top of setup.

Here is a side view of my HMT flange LOL, oil spews out of the wastegate and out of the area inbetween the downpipe flange and the turbo.

Here is mainly where it leaks, inbetween the downpipe flange and the turbo. (bottom view)

Here is a pic of my turbo shaft with the filter off.

Also I have noticed that when I take the car out and get on it for a quick second and come back and pop the hood I have oil everywhere. I have found that alot of the oil is coming out from the valve cover breather. What does this mean? I have recently installed a HMT catch can. Oil also comes out from where the downpipe flange meets the turbo...
Im sorry if Im being a pain... but this **** just isn't making any sense to me..... :-\

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Setup specs:
MINIME B7/Z6
S20/B000 Trans
ARP headstuds
T25 w/ HMT kit
VAFC

Thank you.
~Will
Old 09-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP PLEASE! SMOKING T25!! Pics of setup inside... (CO_CReX)

just cause u dont have any shaft play, doesnt mean that the seal arent blown, i have no play in mine either but my seals are blown, u may need a rebuild
Old 09-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have excessive oil coming from the breather filter, your ringlands are probably blown and it is probably due to the half assed VAFC fuel management.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Dartanian)

oil out of valve cover could be ringlands like the other guy said. this also means there is to much pressure in the crankcase to allow the oil to drain from the turbo..

same **** went on when i cracked 2 ringlands on my car. the turbo started leaking, then when the rebuilt motor went in, the oil in the turbo didnt leak anymore.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok guys, I did a compression test. Here are the numbers... sigh...

80, 110, 60, 120

Also when I pulled the #1 plug it was drenched in oil, and after I did the compression test and pulled the tester out, it too was covered in oil.

So... I talked to a tech at Honda and he told me that usually the ringlands aren't what goes bad, usually its the rings. He said the lands are accually very strong and typically dont ever go out.

What do you guys think??
Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CO_CReX)

time for a rebuild
Old 09-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SPNFEDEH)

ringlands are strong on hondas untill you boost them, then there usally the first thing to go
Old 09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CO_CReX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok guys, I did a compression test. Here are the numbers... sigh...

80, 110, 60, 120

Also when I pulled the #1 plug it was drenched in oil, and after I did the compression test and pulled the tester out, it too was covered in oil.

So... I talked to a tech at Honda and he told me that usually the ringlands aren't what goes bad, usually its the rings. He said the lands are accually very strong and typically dont ever go out.

What do you guys think??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

pull the pistons out and when the ringlands fall off into your hand you can tell your friend turbo hondas eat ringlands.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CO_CReX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do you guys think??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you shouldn't ever ask that guy for advice again. Ringlands are the first thing to go on boosted hondas. The rings are typically still fine, but the ringlands will have cracks in them.

Either way it sucks bad.

Building an engine for fun =
Rebuilding an engine because you have to =
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok I am planning on pulling the pistons this weekend. Say I pull them and the ringlands to fall into my lap... What exactly does that mean? Do I just need a set of new pistons and rings?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
i ♥ snails

those numbers mean every piston or rings are f-ed. I hope ur cylinder walls are in good conditon. Overbore plus forged slugs FTW!
Old 09-15-2006, 12:53 AM
chuntee-hatch

Default Re: (quicksilver1689)

your motor is trash, its a d15b7. dont even bother taking the pistons out.

rummage thru your neighbors **** pile for another good running d series, drop it in, and then run some sort of real management besides that vafc.

try crome, uber, ect.