Notices

help!! my turbo teg is dying..., what's wrong

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!! my turbo teg is dying..., what's wrong

Well, I've had my GS-R for about 1.5 years now with the Drag TS/T4 turbo I bought ti with, still at 7 psi and stock fuel injectors. I knew this would one day be a problem, especially since when under heavy throttle, it would kind of "hiccup" or choke (you could hear and feel it happening) and it would lose cut back on power for a second when this happens. I assumed this meant the stock injectors couldn't handle supplying enough fuel for the air being pushed into the engine and was thus reaching the max flow rate and leaning out after that point. I still drove it fast, just was careful not to get to that point. Anyway, last week, this stupid civic wanted to run (which I rarely do, but felt the need to put him in his place), so the light turned and I wasted him only to find the choking. Ever since last week my car has not run the same. It is not choking or "cutting out" before I barely see 0 psi on my boost gauge and under 4000 rpm. I have to accelerate very slowly now abd drive it very gently. Also, ever since, it is not starting the same. The engine will crank like 15-20 times, then finally turn over. I thought it was never going to start while leaving work today. So. Any suggestions or reccommendations? Is there a way to check the injectors to see if they are shot? I am planning on getting RC 330 or bigger injectors, but don't have the money for a couple months, so will have to driver my Cherokee for now. Also, could plugs be a problem? HELP!!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not trying to flame or anything but if u can afford a turbo how can u not afford some injectors u can pick up for like 300?

but yea check the spark, injectors, and check compression to be safe anyway
Old 09-05-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: (draxxus07)

guess my wording in the first sentence was misleading. I meant I bought the car 1.5 years ago with the turbo already installed. I didn't see the need to get larger injectors immediately as the problem didn't occur too often
Old 09-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CrazyModGSR)

if you want to be cheap run some dsm 450cc injectors. they can be had for as little as $50. and run uberdata/crome/hondata or whatever. im going to ASSume you have an fmu. swap out injectors with another set to see if thats the problem
Old 09-05-2005, 08:01 PM
BANNED

Default Re: (boostedej1)

yeah, if you're on a budget theen run some dsm 450cc injector w/ low ohm resistor box...and get uberdata,crome,neptune, or hondata to tune them injectors...if dont have the money then try v afc for the time being...tunning is the key to making power and make your motor last longer....
Old 09-05-2005, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: help!! my turbo teg is dying..., what's wrong (CrazyModGSR)

You either have damaged injectors from running them outside of their design, or that last big lean spike killed your pistons. Do a compression test before you lay out the $ for injectors.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: (turbochargeb18c)

the car has a cheap vortec fmu and an apexi s-afc. I have a carpter nearing the end of install which will feature Hondata by spring. I garage the car from Nov to April, so I may just baby it for a couple weeks and put her away early so I can get the injectors, etc, that I want over winter