Notices

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

so i decided to take my fmu off, and now car is dead with my rc550 injectors.

i have a chipped p28 with a basemap made by john kerr (93turbo16) for 550injectors.

when i first cranked it, it started putt'n and blue/white smoke was coming out the exhaust like crazy. so it's running rich?

i tried retarding the timing a bit and trying to mess with the fuel pressure, but nothing really helped.

there's a CEL, but i can't check for the code. the CEL isn't flashing for me to count...

the only other thing is that my missing link is still on, would this effect the car in any way? i think right now my car is flooded with fuel cause i attempted to crank it over too many times. anyway to "unflood" it? is just letting it sit the best thing i can do?

TIA
Old 02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP! (undercoverdc2)

pull the plugs, and take off the missing link. If it doesnt work again, and everything is installed correctly, there is a problem with the ecu.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HELP! (SlowB16si)

I pmed you. I am pretty sure I know what is wrong.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: HELP! (93turbo16)

Dude its the missing link the map sensor can t see vacuum or air so take that off then ul good to good

I know john kerr his a good chipper if that's not it u should email him and ask him what to do and if that didn't work u got to get it re chip good luck
Old 02-28-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Re: HELP! (spoon95eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoon95eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude its the missing link the map sensor can t see vacuum or air so take that off then ul good to good

The missing link won't effect the car starting or even driveability out of boost. That isn't the problem.

I know john kerr his a good chipper if that's not it u should email him and ask him what to do and if that didn't work u got to get it re chip good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem was crome's advanced boost tools that I used to make his map. I found a flaw in it, that I guess no one else has had with it? I dunno, but one byte was written wrong. Actually a friend of mine fixed it. SO I think it should be good to go with a new map on it.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well it's flooded with fuel right now. hahaha. gotta let it vaporize. so i'll get working on it tomorrow afternoon. IM'd u back john. thanks for getting back to me tonight. i'll be able to sleep easy. lol

would the missing link actually cause a problem? i mean as long as the ecu isn't seeing boost, i don't see why there would be a problem. i'm sure it's still seeing vaccum.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:11 AM

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well it's flooded with fuel right now. hahaha. gotta let it vaporize. so i'll get working on it tomorrow afternoon. IM'd u back john. thanks for getting back to me tonight. i'll be able to sleep easy. lol

would the missing link actually cause a problem? i mean as long as the ecu isn't seeing boost, i don't see why there would be a problem. i'm sure it's still seeing vaccum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The missing link woulnd't cause the car not to start or throw a check engine light without the car running. Allthough you will want to take it off someday.

If you want to deflood the car. Just pull all the spark plugs and pull out the ECU fuse in the engine bay fuse box and turn the car over. Another method is to just unplug the ecu.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (93turbo16)

i recently installed on of your ecu's and the car wouldnt start either. turns out the chip was in the ecu backwards. i turned it around and everything is gravy.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i recently installed on of your ecu's and the car wouldnt start either. turns out the chip was in the ecu backwards. i turned it around and everything is gravy.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you serious.. That is interesting. I am pretty sure I know how to put a chip in. Hm...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you serious.. That is interesting. I am pretty sure I know how to put a chip in. Hm... </TD></TR></TABLE>

totaly serious, the guys name who had purchased the ECU is Reese L. maybe you were in a hurry or something.

reguardless, the car started, idled, rev'd up smooth with your basemap.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:01 AM

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

totaly serious, the guys name who had purchased the ECU is Reese L. maybe you were in a hurry or something.

reguardless, the car started, idled, rev'd up smooth with your basemap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, its ok I am not doubting you. I like to hear feedback good or bad. It makes me be more careful. I am glad it worked though.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The missing link woulnd't cause the car not to start or throw a check engine light without the car running. Allthough you will want to take it off someday.

If you want to deflood the car. Just pull all the spark plugs and pull out the ECU fuse in the engine bay fuse box and turn the car over. Another method is to just unplug the ecu. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i just found my stock screws for my map sensor this morning. hahaha. i almost panic'd cause i couldn't find my big box of turbo junk. and i'll try your deflooding trick too. i unplug'd the ecu a few times, but didn't take out the plugs. i'm too lazy to remove the spark plug cover. lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i recently installed on of your ecu's and the car wouldnt start either. turns out the chip was in the ecu backwards. i turned it around and everything is gravy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm...could this be a problem? there's a correct way to put the chip on? cause i think one day someone was missing with my ecu and might've flipped the chip around....
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 AM

I shot you another PM. You can give me a call if you need to. I would gladly walk you through check the chip.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

kudos john
Old 03-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well a new basemap sure didn't help to get the car running.....
Old 03-02-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well a new basemap sure didn't help to get the car running.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

What program did they use? Also Cut J1 and check the ecu. If you cut J1 and there is still a check engine light then we have a problem.