Notices

gsr missing, after boost?? need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr missing, after boost?? need help

well just finished putting together my motor gsr built and my drag kit installed. car wasnt tuned yet.
well the other night taking the car out for a drive and boosted for first and seconed gear not at full thorttle.. afterwards the car starting missing, and would die out. car doesnt want to hold an idle engine would seem like a miss if you hold the rev at 1500 seems ok. and die out no check light on nothing.
just had the fmu on. rechecked compression and good just all under 200.

I replaced all of the following off my daily driver.
dist.
map
wires
iacv.
thorttle bod.
inj. stock
checked for any vac leaks and ok
ecu..
no im at a point where I dont know what to do.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have you checked the spark plugs to be sure they weren't saturated with fuel. I see you mentioned it hasn't been tuned... What do you have for fuel specs and EMS?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 PM

Default Re: gsr missing, after boost?? need help (bigislandc2)

if ur using an fmu did u have a missing link on your map sensor also? u need that. and check plugs like he said. could be fouled. unless u detonated it bad or something and messed up head gasket. did u retard timing at all? how much boost
Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not trying to be a dick but why does everyone insist on taking their brand new turbo setups out UNTUNED!!! That is the dumbest thing you can do just because you have an fmu on your car doesn't mean it's ok to boost it without any tuning. Do you even have any form of engine management? Idk about everyone else here but my car will idle on the stock ecu just to check for leaks and it's getting trailered to the tuner. No way would i ever drive an un-tuned turbo car.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: gsr missing, after boost?? need help (bigislandc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigislandc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">car wasnt tuned yet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

why not?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigislandc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the other night taking the car out for a drive and boosted for first and seconed gear not at full thorttle.. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know where this is going....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigislandc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">afterwards the car starting missing, and would die out. car doesnt want to hold an idle engine would seem like a miss if you hold the rev at 1500 seems ok. and die out no check light on nothing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

How could you not expect to blow it up after beating on it untuned?

Sounds like you ruined a couple spark plugs, and the car is blowing out the spark. You may have even melted a couple tips off.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (GSROWNSU)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSROWNSU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not trying to be a dick but why does everyone insist on taking their brand new turbo setups out UNTUNED!!! That is the dumbest thing you can do just because you have an fmu on your car doesn't mean it's ok to boost it without any tuning. Do you even have any form of engine management? Idk about everyone else here but my car will idle on the stock ecu just to check for leaks and it's getting trailered to the tuner. No way would i ever drive an un-tuned turbo car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because a lot of people like to take the initiative, and believe they know what they're doing, when in true reality, they have no clue. Ignorance when it comes to vehicles is rampant. Between people being cheap, and not very bright, leads to a lot of blown up engines. What I love is when people treat turboing a car like it's never been done before. This board is filled with so much info, if 1/2 the people took the time to read it, they'd learn from others mistakes, instead of making their own.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GraphiteAccord)

wow.. a built motor.. gone to waste..
Old 01-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litovi3tboi503)

Get real ems and tune it. I have a funny feeling all your problems will go away then.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah it was just a bad injector. car runs fine, now. had only my stock inj. and ecu at the time
there was a tune from my previous setup. which was neptune..750cc 15psi
no engine damage occured
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigislandc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigislandc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah it was just a bad injector. car runs fine, now. had only my stock inj. and ecu at the time
there was a tune from my previous setup. which was neptune..750cc 15psi
no engine damage occured</TD></TR></TABLE>

??? what you boosted with ur stock inj and ecu?
Old 01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (litovi3tboi503)

So you have stock injectors on a map designed on neptune for 750's? WTF are you talking about?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tippyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tippyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you have stock injectors on a map designed on neptune for 750's? WTF are you talking about?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im pretty sure thats what hes saying.. and he boosted with it..
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no it was all stock.. car would idle weird if i had the map for 750